Slavery and the right to protest.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by duane, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You'll climatize just like the rest of us,
    Just come down in December and stay.
    You'll be fine by June or July

STANGF150, Tully Mars and TinyDreams like this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Mine have been here since the Colonial Period, and yes, some of my ancestors were slave owners, but I am NOT ashamed of them and I am NOT apologizing to ANYONE! I am equally proud of my ancestors that marched with General George Washington and General Robert E. Lee...and the ones that rode with General Nathan B. Forrest. I am proud of ALL of my ancestors...the men and women that made me, in part, who I am. That includes the impoverished indentured servants, the exiles and outcasts, the gentleman adventurers, the outlaws, the moonshiners, the Methodist ministers, the Rebels, the bootleggers, the merchants and businessmen, the farmers and planters, and the tradesmen and craftsmen...ALL OF THEM!

Mountainman, Tully Mars, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Helps to keep out the riff-raff (nothing personal)!

HK_User, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I get it.

Took me a while to learn to order Tea, no sugar - a hamburger deluxe meant it came with gritz.

Not a fan of crawdads, nearly all the 'cagun' dishes, but took to Gumbo right off.

With the heat/humidity/bugs the South is not my cup of tea.

5. duane

duane Monkey+++

18 blacks killed in Chicago in one 24 hour period recently, 9 unarmed blacks killed by police in USA in 2019. While I agree that even 1 is to many, perhaps BLM should spend some of their energy stopping the black on black violence. Years ago I was very active in the civil right movement and after being told many times that as a white I couldn't understand their problems and that my attempts to help were somehow undercutting the roles of the blacks, I bowed out and just observe now. Was much easier to be part of the civil rights movement in Texas than in Michigan.

6. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

A good ole boy observed this afternoon that," the death of George Floyd has crushed the Corona Virus...damn shame they didn't kill him 4 months ago". Hundreds of thousands of people dying, millions unemployed and the economy in shambles use to be news, and then George Floyd gets killed and people go ape-shit crazy!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    HK_User, Gator 45/70, duane and 2 others like this.
  7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yup, I'll not apologize for any thing that I did not have a part in/of.
    Simple.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

George Floyd wasn't the reason, he was the excuse. They had to have some way to try to turn voters against Trump, nothing else they've tried has worked.

9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Well, the three-ring circus finally got to Houston and they have buried, the soon to be sainted, George Floyd. They had a pony show, and I'm surprised that they didn't have a 21-gun salute too! Makes you wonder, who is paying for all of this? If ole George had died in his sleep his family would have had a hard time just cremating him on the cheap. Now they are having a Farewell Tour! What burns a lot of people is that their loved ones have died during the lock-down and they couldn't a decent funeral for them, but this low life gets a parade...may they all sicken, suffer and die!

10. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Don't lie to the man!! I've lived here all my life in western NC & the humidity still chokes me!

SB21, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Armature!! I only cut grass before sundown with several cold beerzs!

lol........

Ganado, SB21 and HK_User like this.
  12. STANGF150

Well where I live, can't wait for sun down! Instead you gotta cut the grass whenever its dry & you think you can git it done before a random storm comes thru!!

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

That is why lights are on tractors.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Kanye West paid for the funeral

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Must be Hawaii or Florida !

16. HK_User

Washington State or Oregon?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It doesn't get any better in winter because the humidity is still high...makes it feel like you are wearing wet socks all day long. Still, "I'll live and die in Dixie"!
    Some years ago a Yankee came into my place of business and said that he was surprised that summers in the South didn't seem as hot as he had imagined. I told him that it was just early May and still spring...summer wasn't until July and August, and maybe September!
    Rule of the South---- Never complain about the heat and humidity...a Yankee might hear you!

18. HK_User

Here it's a DRY HEAT.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. STANGF150

Foothills of North Carolina. Check the location of Rutherfordton on a Topography map, We stuck in a big dang valley!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah, That's what I meant to say,Must be in the Carolina's !
    [ROFL]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7