Slavery and the right to protest.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by duane, Jun 7, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Rutherford County, located on the border of the Piedmont and Mountain regions of North Carolina, was formed in 1779 and named after Revolutionary War general Griffith Rutherford, a member of the North Carolina Provincial Congress.

Been through there years ago, I like it.

The Tail of the Dragon (U.S. 129) straddles the North Carolina-Tennessee border just south of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It is about 90 minutes south of Knoxville , Tenn., and about two hours west of Asheville , N.C. Peak traffic is in July/August and October
    [​IMG]
    and on to;
    Lookout Mountain - Wikipedia
    Then to Charleston SC

On a new 1967 Triumph 650 Bonneville.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    mysterymet, Alf60 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

Know it well. Spent some time in Henrietta.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Well, that certainly explains a lot!! Money can buy(or rent) a lot of things...taste and class aren't among them!

Gator 45/70, Merkun and HK_User like this.
  4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Went thru Deals Gap aka: Tail of the Dragon a couple years ago in my 2012 Kia Soul, deliberately. It was fun, & I was almost keeping up with sum Nissan 380Zs going thru there. Only went thru once one way, b/c I knew that if I went thru it again, I'd try pushing even harder, & thats when I'd start to break shit!!! A month later when i bought my new tires, I needed an alignment Bad! LoL

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

My husband and I used to ride the dragon with our bikes all the time when We lived down here. They had a picture of me at one time on a website with my pink mohawk on my helmet on my Ninja riding through one of the curves.

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

The tail is a fun ride.

mysterymet, HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Except when you get stuck behind a person sightseeing!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or get blown off by a bunch of knee dragging racer wannabees. One pack got annoyed with me on the gravity 'cause they couldn't figure out how to get past without getting all crossed up. I was well off to the right edge leaving them plenty of room if they weren't trying to clip the apex.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7