Slingshot pouches from old softballs & baseballs

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Oltymer, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 007.JPG I prefer hardballs to softballs as the leather is better, but using what I have. I find these at ball parks out past the outfield fences where they have been lost. This softball has fake leather, and I'll see how it holds up to hard use. You get 8 pouches from a softball as opposed to 4 from a hardball. First cut all the threads, then peel leather from core. Then cut off all stitch hole leather, scissors really help. I divide a hardball cover in two, but measure 3 1/2" from each end on a softball and cut, then cut these in the middle. Fold over and mark excess to be removed, and cut off for a balanced pouch. Punch two holes in pouch using a fired .22 LR cartridge and hammer, watch your fingers. Pouch ready to be tied to bands.

008.JPG

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I use old leather shoe tongues. They make a good pouch for a sling (AKA David and Golliath) too.

Meat, kellory, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Jackpot! I've got a bunch of leather from baseballs now. My David sling is done now too. I robbed the leather from one of my old ball gloves. It had holes in it anyway. Baseballs would go right through them when I played. My next purchase is surgical tubing of some sort for a slingshot. Oh and finding the frame. Y

kellory, Oltymer and Ganado like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

image. It's nasty! I lost track of one projectile. Thought it went backwards or ? It went out into the water a mile. Just a fraction late on my release. Oops. [afro]

image.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2016
    Oltymer and Ganado like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Huh? Thought I deleted the blurry one with the lone bbq chip. [afro]

Ganado likes this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

image. 3/4 inch pvc. Split, heated and shaped. Fwiw. [afro]

Oltymer and Ganado like this.
  7. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Nice looking flip! Hows it shoot?

Meat likes this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Not too bad. Cool thread btw. It's much appreciated. To think of all the baseballs/softballs that have come and gone in my house over the years. I was like "oh nooooo." [afro]

9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I've gotten pretty decent with the sling. I take it every time I go to the water with my dog. Good times. [afro]

1. chelloveck
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. Bandit99
  4. STANGF150
  5. Bishop
  6. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 16, 2019, 7 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  7. DKR
  8. Bishop
  9. Murfylang
  10. deMolay