Slingshot practice

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, Oct 13, 2018.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Bishop , I appreciate that , but I'd rather pay for them. Pm me your address and I'll send ya cash for them . Or just tell me where to go to order them .

2. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

@Bishop, thanks for the great DIY slingshot lesson/video. I subscribed to your YouTube channel so that I can come back and check some more stuff. I'm in Arizona, so the warning about storing in a cool, dry place is a good bit of info as well. Thanks again.

3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Simple shot shooting sports.com

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Bishop , thanks for that link. I'm going to order one of his slingshots as well. I watched a few of his videos as well. The one question I had for you was getting the correct Band length. And he had a video on that. So it saved me from having to bug you on that. But I will ask you your opinion. For your active band length , do you stick with the draw length divided by 4-5 ,,,is that the sweet spot for you as well ?
    Thanks for all of your help..
    By the way , that guys only about 2 hour ride from the house . I may make a little trip one day.

5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I have a floating anchor io my draw length is different than most.

6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thanks Bishop . I'm not good with computers . I tried placing the order last night, while my computer died. Tried this morning and it kept asking stupid questions. Pissed me off and finally got a phone number and finally placed my order. Thanks for the tip on your equipment supplier .

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Still waitin' on my new slingshot. Was hoping I would have gotten it today. I even waited on the mailman today. The mailman came , stopped at the mailbox , I was like,,,,YEAH BUDDY,,,, walked out to the mailbox ,,,, and nothing was in there,,,, WTH did he stop for ?? Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

8. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Did you get it in yet Nathan and Andy are normally out thr next day mailers

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yes , I got it. I checked my draw length , cut my bands , and tested it out. I have a draw length of about 35 inches. So I cut my bands to 7 inches. Tested it with the ammo I had. I've got some small glass beads , like marbles , I think I need to get a little larger ammo. So I'm going to pick some up at a store soon. Well , my 7 inch bands seemed to be a little long , it just didn't feel like I was getting maximum speed out of it , so I shortened them to 6 inches , feels a little better now . I'll try it with the heavier or larger ammo. You inspired me to get a standard slingshot with your accuracy of shooting one. I've shot with a wrist rocket a good bit , and I am better with it than the standard type , but I like the easier to carry of the standard style , so I'll keep practicing.

1. Bishop
  2. Bishop
    Thread

Air javelin

Just got this in and I am liking it. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 18, 2021, 5 replies, in forum: Firearms
  3. Bishop
  4. Bishop
    Just got these in the mail today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jul 24, 2020, 0 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  5. Bishop
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
  8. Bishop
    Here's my pCP 22 caliber air gun. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 24, 2019, 4 replies, in forum: Firearms
  9. Bishop
    Thread

Red fish

Went out fishing in the air boat. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 21, 2019, 13 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  10. Bishop
  11. Bishop
    Thread

Swiss arrow

Hey made up a Swiss arrow set up. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 18, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  12. Bishop
  13. Bishop
    Thread

Fire piston

Made a little fire with my fire piston. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 17, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  14. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 16, 2019, 7 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  15. Bishop
  16. Bishop
    The 48 inch hobow [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Aug 14, 2019, 0 replies, in forum: Functional Gear & Equipment
  17. Bishop
  18. Bishop
  19. Bishop
    Thread

best dog.

I swear I have the best dog ever. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Jun 6, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: General Discussion
  20. Bishop
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7