Slingshot shooting fun

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Bishop, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Sling Shot shooting

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Are shooting marbles? I have become addicted to the TV show Z Nation. One of the guys shoots a sling shot. The character occasionally shoots little black disks, like a thick black metal coin. I know it is TV but for using a sling shot as a weapon, what would you use for the projectile? Maybe you have said and I forgot but since watching the TV show and seeing how well you can hunt with yours; I have been thinking more and more that it really can be a weapon. Yes, I need to really get practicing, I am still a novice.

**PS great dog.

Sgt Nambu and UncleMorgan like this.
  3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Plain ole' lead fishing sinkers work very well for slingshots. They have the sectional density to carry well and pack a punch.
    Steel ball bearings are almost as good, and a little more eco-friendly.
    Marbles are fun, and they work well for small game. I just hate it when I miss and they shatter against a rock.
    For taking out sentries, though, depleted Uranium is my all-around favorite, when I can get it...

4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I shoot marbles a lot but hex nuts rocks lead 36 Cal to 50 Cal clay balls hex nuts with lead center arrow darts washer glued together jaw breakers the arrow s and darts are lethal a marble will shatter a finger bone with ease 40 Cal lead will cave in a deer skull at 15 yards

Dunerunner and Motomom34 like this.
  5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Got a bunch of .44 cal lead bullets that seem to work well.

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I keep a sling shot in my Get Home gear, a valued tool in small game and defense in certain circumstances .
    You can cast any thing, that will both fit in the pocket, and pass the Y.
    One could for that matter cast a stone with a note attached, that needs to be stealthy, to a team member .
    one can even load I with bird shot ,for most any winged game a shot gun might be used.

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Shot .36 lead balls through 1/2" plywood before with one.

Dunerunner likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Just did this for fun , seems to work OK. DSCN4656.JPG DSCN4657.JPG DSCN4661.JPG
    There are any number of ways to wear it ,completely reversible an either hand.
    Plus it keeps you hand free .

Meat and AxesAreBetter like this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Cool thread again. I'm getting into these types of weapons because..........Rocks are free. :D

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Bishop have you ever tried shooting lug nuts? I read somewhere that they can serve as good ammo. I know you mentioned hexnuts above but lug nuts are bigger and I am wondering if too heavy to shoot.

12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yes I do also I cast lead inside of the holes on hex nuts or take short bolts and thread not on them KIMG1323_02.JPG

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I also cast lead into a socket head that I screw to a board that are devastating post-6475-0-87867300-1446092301_thumb. post-6475-0-33135700-1446092101_thumb.

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks. I like the picture with the coins so I can get an idea of the sizes you use. Appreciate it.

15. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

These are used in warfare and could be deadly and quiet.

1. Bishop
  2. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 16, 2019, 7 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  3. Bishop
  4. Bishop
  5. Hanzo
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
  8. UncleMorgan
  9. Bishop
    Thread