1. We are sorrowed to report that one of the Founding Members has passed on. Dee (Righthand) is well remembered as contributing much to the operation of SurvivalMonkey, and is already greatly missed. Little lady, big person.

Slingshot shooting fun

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Bishop, Apr 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Sling Shot shooting

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Are shooting marbles? I have become addicted to the TV show Z Nation. One of the guys shoots a sling shot. The character occasionally shoots little black disks, like a thick black metal coin. I know it is TV but for using a sling shot as a weapon, what would you use for the projectile? Maybe you have said and I forgot but since watching the TV show and seeing how well you can hunt with yours; I have been thinking more and more that it really can be a weapon. Yes, I need to really get practicing, I am still a novice.

**PS great dog.

Sgt Nambu and UncleMorgan like this.
  3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I eat vegetables. My friends are not vegetables.

Plain ole' lead fishing sinkers work very well for slingshots. They have the sectional density to carry well and pack a punch.
    Steel ball bearings are almost as good, and a little more eco-friendly.
    Marbles are fun, and they work well for small game. I just hate it when I miss and they shatter against a rock.
    For taking out sentries, though, depleted Uranium is my all-around favorite, when I can get it...

4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I shoot marbles a lot but hex nuts rocks lead 36 Cal to 50 Cal clay balls hex nuts with lead center arrow darts washer glued together jaw breakers the arrow s and darts are lethal a marble will shatter a finger bone with ease 40 Cal lead will cave in a deer skull at 15 yards

Dunerunner and Motomom34 like this.
  5. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Got a bunch of .44 cal lead bullets that seem to work well.

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I keep a sling shot in my Get Home gear, a valued tool in small game and defense in certain circumstances .
    You can cast any thing, that will both fit in the pocket, and pass the Y.
    One could for that matter cast a stone with a note attached, that needs to be stealthy, to a team member .
    one can even load I with bird shot ,for most any winged game a shot gun might be used.

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Shot .36 lead balls through 1/2" plywood before with one.

Dunerunner likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Just did this for fun , seems to work OK. DSCN4656.JPG DSCN4657.JPG DSCN4661.JPG
    There are any number of ways to wear it ,completely reversible an either hand.
    Plus it keeps you hand free .

Meat and AxesAreBetter like this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Cool thread again. I'm getting into these types of weapons because..........Rocks are free. :D

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Bishop have you ever tried shooting lug nuts? I read somewhere that they can serve as good ammo. I know you mentioned hexnuts above but lug nuts are bigger and I am wondering if too heavy to shoot.

12. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yes I do also I cast lead inside of the holes on hex nuts or take short bolts and thread not on them KIMG1323_02.JPG

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I also cast lead into a socket head that I screw to a board that are devastating post-6475-0-87867300-1446092301_thumb. post-6475-0-33135700-1446092101_thumb.

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks. I like the picture with the coins so I can get an idea of the sizes you use. Appreciate it.

15. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

These are used in warfare and could be deadly and quiet.

1. Bishop
  2. Bishop
    Well I was out shooting my starship today. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Oct 16, 2019, 7 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  3. Bishop
  4. Bishop
  5. Hanzo
  6. Bishop
  7. Bishop
  8. UncleMorgan
  9. Bishop
    Thread