1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Slow but successful season

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by WildBill, Nov 20, 2006.

1. WildBill

WildBill Monkey+++

I hunted steady for about 3 1/2 weeks. I saw deer off and onbut I had only one good shot. Got a late start the afternoon of Wednesday October 18th. It was kind of windy with light snow off & on, this is the perfect weather for this particular blind witch is in the thick woods & brush by my parents house. The first deer that came in was a young small one that came straight at me. When it stopped it faced me for the longest time. When it finaly turned I couldn't get it stopped where I had a good shot. I figured that was it for the evening. About 15 minutes later it was about quiting time. So I decided I'd give the area one last scan before I called my dad on the radeo to come get me. Just then a big doe materialized out of the brush. She stopped broadside in front of me. I got my crossbow lined up tight behind her front leg and let my arrow fly. The arrow ended up breaking both front leg and got buried in a tree after passing through. She didn't bleed. So it took some searching to find her. She didn't go that far, my dad & uncle walked write by her a couple time befor they almost tripped over her. After 2 1/2 weeks I was starting to think it was going to be a year with no venison. Here she is. Had to give it up for at least right now, I might get a chance get out and do some more deer hunting later.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

She'll be some good eatin :). Always love to see other people providing their own meat.
  3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

WildBill any kill archery is a trophy, nice shot man.
  4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Being a bowhunter myself, amen to that! Nice shot and clean kill. Good job WildBill.
  5. WildBill

WildBill Monkey+++

Thanks. I love bow hunting. There's nothing like getting up close and personal with your game.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary