SM Gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Jun 24, 2009.

?

Ball cap interest?

Poll closed Jul 24, 2009.
  1. Interested in ball caps and will commit including site support

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. Interested in ball caps and will commit without site support

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. Interested in ball caps but not committed without site support

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Would like to see other “stuff” eventually

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If there is sufficient interest, we may make SM gear available for members to show that they are one of us. Starting with ball caps, samples of what is immediately available are shown below. The one on the right has an elastic head strap that self adjusts no matter where or how you tip and tilt. (Which means that the same pressure goes on your noggin no matter what you do unless the wind carries it off.) Very comfortable. The one on the left is also one size fits all adjustable such that you can set it to suit how much grip you want it to have in any weather condition. For show and tell, either one would be fine, but for shooters that use muffs, I recommend the left because there is no blocking to interfere with the muffs.

Cost will be to an extent dependent on how many we can muster that are interested. At this time, we haven’t decided if the price will include a bit for site support. We are guessing that even if $5 goes to the site, the shipped price will be around $20. Without site support added in, a ballpark will be $15 shipped. Our supplier will need to know a rough estimate of quantities before committing to price, so don’t hold my toes too close to the fire.

If there is enough interest, we may expand to other items such as tees, coffee cups and gear bags at some point in the future. The announcment comes down on July 25, so get your vote in early
    SM ball caps.JPG

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I vote for the one on the right, don't care for the one on the left.

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

[ditto]

I am not one to wear hats very often but I would commit to buying a couple hats.

4. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

[applaud]Stop monkeying around and make them available. Can I get mine with a tin foil lining? Or kevlar?

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Sure, lol, why not I am probably a marked man anyway. I like the hat on the right. Could use a couple. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on tee shirts and coffee cups as well. I like the muted colors (earth tones). Ain't fond of white, red or other bright colors that don't blend in if you know what I mean...lol

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Left one ( I tend to wear twill or cotton hats not the foam ones,) most certainly would be up for 1 cotton one... Infact I'll beglad to take the sample; since everyone else seems to want the opposite (foam) one produced. ( pm me )
    AND I WANT A
    "ARE YOU LOOKING AT MUH MONKEY" TEE!

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I've been trying to give them away for months!! Where were you????

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[OO]

head stuck in freedom and liberty ( oh yeah and that 30minute stint with the aliens. took up about 3weeks here)[alien]
    snooze ya' lose[slow]... story of muh life...[booze]

9. ghrit

Not a foam hat, I hate 'em too. The right one has a fairly stiff mesh in it so it holds shape better than without. Both of these are embroidered, which can't be done with foam.

Left is 100% cotton, right is cotton polyester blend.

[coffee2]

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

t'anks I'll take one of the cotton(left)ones first,without the black edge if thats even possible. with, if its not.

11. ghrit

Maybe possible, will check later. The underside of the bill on that one is also black. Excellent for glare reduction while shooting.

12. mtbkski

mtbkski Monkey++

One on the left without the edge if possible.

The one on the right looks like foam, even if it isn't. What respectable Prepper is going to be seen with a foam hat on?

13. mtbkski

mtbkski Monkey++

A boonie hat would be a neat option. Then you will know I'm a Survival Monkey Member when we meet on the road after the SHTF.

14. Gun Nut

Gun Nut Proud Veteran

I was fortunate enough to get one of the shirts off of Minuteman. I like the hats (don't particularly care for the black border) I would like to see other stuff too! Like maybe stickers, travel mugs, patches, even field gear. And i love the boonie hat idea!

15. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Boonie hats rule. Far more useful than ball caps. But, if no boonies are produces, I'll get the cap on the left. Those kind seem to fit my head better...

16. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Knowing this I change my mind and will second what Tango said, the left hat without the border. I didn't pay attention to the difference in material, I just didn't like the border around the bill.

17. ghrit

Bump for noobs and as a reminder to the others. The poll will close on the 24th, after which I'll look into plain khaki (without the black border) for those that have expressed interest. I'm kinda fond of the boonie hat idea too, so will check into that as well.

[ghrit]

18. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

please pm with prices and availability so I don't forget...

19. ghrit

[fnny] So YOU don't forget?? [rofllmao] [coffee2] I'm going to have that problem, too. Anyway, keep an eye on this space, I'll put out the 411 when I have it better tied down. Budget for less than 20 bux shipped if all goes according to my best guess today. Should have concrete info mid August if all goes according to plan.

[ghrit]

20. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Just figured whoever was getting them made might wanna make it obvious swag's ready...
    Disregard, I'll just make it a point to check this thread... Sorry for putting my responsiblity on the public(alot of that goin around lately )...,

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7