Energy Small Engines and Generators to be outlawed in Commiefornia if Newsome signs bill…

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by BTPost, Sep 23, 2021.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just read an article in Smokstak.com where a Bill is sitting on Gov. Newsome’s desk that would outlaw sales of small gasoline engines in favor of Battery Powered devices… Like chainsaws, lawn mowers, tillers, and GENERATORS… It will hit rural residents very hard, especially in WildFire ravaged areas, where folks are dependant on Small Generators just to live until the Grids can be repaired… Bill sponcered by Big City Dem Politicos… Bill is AB1346…
    Commiefornia Dem Politicos have gone “Stark Raving Insane”… My Opinion… YMMV…

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

AOC will be so proud.
    Well ,, they had their chance to vote in some common sense,, I guess there's not enough common sense out there to make a difference.

3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, shut down and destroy good coal generating plants with many years life left so they can't be converted to natural gas quickly and cheaply if needed in the future. The green's all remind me of the supposed remark of the queen of France, the peasants are starving there is no bread! Let them eat cake! The middle and upper class greenies are apt to learn some very hard lessons. The sad part is the rest of us will suffer with them. The untouched wilderness with no roads and no fire repression measures is working out so well for California.

4. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

An electric powered generator biglaff

3M-TA3, SB21, Oddcaliber and 2 others like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Preppers should have a battery power source that way you can use that up to 80% to 90% of the time and keep the generator quiet, saving fuel ect. Then run the generator to charge the batteries and run everything else while the batteriesare charging. Remember, running a generator at 0% vs 1/4 capacity there is almost no difference in fuel consumption. And there's pretty small difference between 0% vs 1/3 capacity.
    I don't think chainsaws running in rual California are causing air pollution in the big cities.
    California still uses coal power they claim they are coal free, but the last coal fired plant in the state is still showing active and they buy a lot of coal fired power from out of state. They are just a bunch of thinly vailed virtue signaling hypocrites.

SB21, Oddcaliber, duane and 2 others like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey, More generators for us....Until these people learn how to tell .gubbers to F.O !

7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Rolling blackouts will be coming to Commiefornia pretty soon---good luck with those battery powered generator. States selling coal produced power to CommieFornia should tell them go pound salt no power for you. May be then these leftest would be thrown out of office

SB21, Oddcaliber, duane and 2 others like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Buy your generators now or buy them out of state. I agree that generator use should be limited, especially when solar and wind can often do the job quieter and without using fuels. When you are the only house with power for miles around, you are going to be popular...maybe too popular!

SB21, Oddcaliber, duane and 1 other person like this.
  9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

And someone will be envious of your fore sight and call the authorities on you.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Let's see. Electric busses, electric cars, electric chainsaws, electric generators.
    add a forest fires, bring the lines down, rolling blackouts.
    Sounds like they are going to have to hook up their pelotons' to a generator motor to power their ipads.

3M-TA3, SB21, Oddcaliber and 2 others like this.
  11. VisuTrac

Electric Lawn Tractors won't have this problem.
    blownagasket.
    No one has it in stock, so we wait.
    Hell, if this was electric, I'd be running around the yard chopping down weeds.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Battery powered electricity generators would certainly make sense to California politicians. Halfway expecting Oregon's Kate Brown to use her COVID powers to beat Newsome to the punch with an EO. Meanwhile, In Washington Jay Inslee is laughing at both of them. Why use a battery to power a generator when you can simply plug it into itself and get free power forever?

SB21, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Uh, I’m not too sharp but I know for a fact the electrical grid is not ready for battery $hit across the board. It’s a running joke in the industry. They’ll see, they’ll see.

SB21, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Once they figure out how to tax it then it will become law.....suckas

SB21, Meat and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I'm sure that existing machines will be grandfathered in. However, if you are clever you can hide the fact that you are running a generator with loud music, running a chainsaw, or just have a PTO generator on a tractor.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Put it in a insulated shed

johnbb and Meat like this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What engine is that?

SB21, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. VisuTrac

MTD 420cc Single Cylinder.
    Had a mouse house inside of the cooling tin. Seemed to have created a hot spot causing one of the head bolts to slacken .... and blow out the gasket right by the exhaust manifold.
    Thought that it was just a leaky exhaust. Nope, blown headgasket.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Until the lights go out...

Besides, why would a politician want input from someone who works in the industry? What the heck do they know?

20. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

It will probably be like most of the things they do. They (the elite) will pass the the law for us and ignore it for themselves.

OldDude49, johnbb, 3M-TA3 and 4 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7