Smith and Wesson 610

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, May 10, 2010.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Just recently traded a cross-bow rig for this little jewel. It is in 10mm but typically, uses .40 S&W to minimize recoil. It has an exceptional trigger and an after-market fiber-optic front sight. The weapon uses moon-clips to hold the cartridges. Now I have to invest in a speed-rig for USPSA revolver competition:rolleyes:
    Smith 610.

2. pcc

pcc Monkey+

Nice gun, I'd say you came out on the good end of that trade.

I've shot one of those in 10mm. Unless you are really recoil sensitive shooting hot 10mm loads is no problem. Recoil was about the same as my DW razorbak.

3. Seacowboys

The barrell flip, when you are shooting USPSA, can cost you valuable time. Recoil isn't a problem for just shooting or even defensive shooting but when they divide your hits by the time it took you to get them, even hundredths of a second counts.

4. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Being not ancient, I grew up on semi-autos. Over the years, I have acquired a handful of revolvers. My mind about revolvers was changed the moment I tried a S&W. It started with a .357 S&W model 66. My uncle came on hard times and offered it up at a steal. I accepted. From the moment that I squeezed that trigger, I knew that they must sprinkle magical-lubricating-smoothing pixie dust on actions in the S&W factory. I have never felt a smoother, cleaner double action. My experience was reaffirmed when my wife purchased me a S&W model 63. Needless to say, my Ruger Single Sixes will be on the market shortly.

Now.... should I look at a long barreled .44 or .357 for deer season??

(BTW... nice gun!! :D)

5. Seacowboys

I recently bought a 8.75" Stainless Smith and Wesson in .357 and wondered why I bought it until I went over to Jerry's last week for some speed-shooting on steel. I was dusting those plates at 50 yards. I shoot a lot more semi-auto than revolvers but they do make some sweet shooting weapons!

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I've wanted a 63 since I was about 12 and read a shooting times article abouthe 4" kit gun.I 've got a 6"model17 K-frame( I like it but it's just not the same)..,

7. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Smith and Wesson still makes the little 63. You can read about it here:

Smith & Wesson Brings Back the Marvelous Model 63 .22 LR Revolver!

Mine is a new model. Not badly priced either.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7