Smoked mullet and roe

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bishop, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Anyone one like smoked mullet and white roe I caught about 60 in my cast net and smoked th up made dip out of 20 of them dropped some off at some older people houses that can't get out and do it anymore and ate the rest KIMG0107.

KIMG0102.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Awesome. Tell us a little more about your procedure for smoking fish. seasoning used? aprox temp, time smoking, etc

pearlselby and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Well you split the fish down the backbone and leave it in take out the guys and roe save the roe and gizzards season with zateran cajin season get the fire hot in the smoker I use white bay wood green and dry place on the racks and shut the door for more smoke add green bay leaves and watch the fish not sure of the temp but when the fish is flakey it's done.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    pearlselby, tacmotusn and Motomom34 like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

never knew anyone admit to eating the mullet gizzards. 2 questions. How do they compare to poultry gizzards, and do you clean them same as poultry gizzards

pearlselby likes this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Smaller than chicken better to me but I grew up eating fried mullet gizzards and backbones 3 to 4 times a week you have to clean it by cutting off the ends get the mud out and cuting inter ring out.

pearlselby and tacmotusn like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Smoked anything sounds good. Never had smoked mullet before. Only had it steamed.

But I do like smoked papio!

pearlselby and tacmotusn like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Gator 45/70
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Zimmy
  8. Bishop
  9. ED GEiN
  10. Asia-Off-Grid