Snake Bites

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Ganado, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Dream On two headed monster !!!
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

We have giant killer mutant adders...

JK

there wee lil snakes and while “ technically” poisonous Its more of an irritating bite in most cases. plus you never see the wee guys, they would rather run & hide then start a stramash.

Actually think I got bit about 10 years ago, was tromping through woodlands and brush area and later noticed a mark on my leg, looked like 2 small fang marks, got a lil bit of a a localised reaction from it but nothing serious. Most people here don't even realise we actually do have snakes.

Lived in florida for a few years in my teens and was walking across a park with my best friend. Looked down and just managed to stop her in time, one more step and she would have stepped square on the huge copperhead sunning himself across the path. Luckily for us, he must have been having a good day cause he couldna be arsed (they often have anger issues)

oldawg, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  3. 2Chest1Head

2Chest1Head Monkey+++

4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Mojave green are here in southern California deserts and can be aggressive enough to chase you down the road.
    They have been known to take on a dog and kill it, one little boy ran down a road and the snakes fallowed close behind him.
    Desert rattlers can be aggressive in my own experience and require killing .
    Found in the wild I leave them alone pretty much but it depends on the situation.
    I have eaten rattlers and from time to time, they don't taste too bad, it largely depends on what they had been eating, much like any other creature.
    Biggest problem in the world is being in a hurry, and with that we create most of our problems.
    Slow down, even or especially in the event of an emergency, because haste exacerbates more accidents.
    Life is no video game, and the animal world has no such fantasy.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7