Snare Wire Copper vs. Brass vs. Steel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by emergencypreparedness, Oct 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. I know there are always going to be a few people new to snaring, and thought I could give some thoughts on 3 types of snare wire to help out in your decision process.

I have seen a lot of great suggestions on snare wire to use, so feel free to add some other types to the the list.

2. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

I use steel wire only, non-coated. If it's bit rusted, doesn't matter...rust kills glitter and shine of the wire, making it hardly visible...also steel wire has many other uses and is most resistive to fire...

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I use 36" 40lb leader wire for my snares... 40 lbs will hold any small game that i will probably snare (up to raccoon size) a few simple modifications with a multitool and you are set to go.. already cut to size coated with swivels rated at the proper poundage and cheap at wally world...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1. chelloveck
    Rabbits beware! [MEDIA]
    Thread by: chelloveck, Jul 1, 2018, 5 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  2. Powder_burns
  3. Bishop
    Bishop spring pole snare: [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, May 20, 2016, 5 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  4. phorisc
  5. Seacowboys
    Snare [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Seacowboys, Jul 14, 2012, 4 replies, in forum: General Survival and Preparedness
  6. beast
  7. tacmotusn
  8. melbo
  9. monkeyman
  10. monkeyman
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7