Sniper Attack on Sub-station a dry run

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Elessar, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Trust me, The clerk will need fuel as well, So I would say befriend the owner/clerk close to your home and besides, I know that you know how to tie in a small generator to a panel in order to run a pump.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I find your idea interesting.... do not jump to conclusions about the forum without time to explore the diverse experience, opinions and knowledge we have here please. If you are going to take one response and run off to the woods... that would be a loss to us and yourself in my opinion.....
    Stick around, and welcome to the Monkey @PLA !!

Sapper John and kellory like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

An owner might go along, but A clerk will not take the responsibility.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Bring along a Genset, to the Owner, at the station and offer to leave it, for tanks of fuel, and if it is a LONG Outage, Likely you could cook a Deal.... ., It has been done in the past.....

5. kellory

True, and I have an extra generator that could used that way, but the owner is the only one who WOULD make that deal. It may be different where you are, but here, no clerk would stick his neck out like that. Too easy to be out of a job.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

True enough, I live around a small town where the owner/clerk are one in the same. More time's than not the clerk knows more about the station than the owner. Remember this, The couple of owner's that I know lean towards the sheep side when it come's to wiring a generator to a panel for power, You will do well. Heck, An i.o.u. is still legal and binding down here for 2 year's.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

They are calling them snipers when they found 100's of casings and only 17 transformers hit.
    In this part of the country and the quality of shooters hunting big game. it would be 17 for 17... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gunbunny, Sapper John, BTPost and 3 others like this.
  8. kellory

Seems to me it should have been one for one, and no caseing left behind. We call those folks "vegetarians".;)

9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I think they were using a small round and had to hit them multiple times. I never did see a caliber for what the casing was. Funny thing is it could have been teenagers with a 22 plinking for "fun", if it wasn't for the cut fiber cabling....

BTPost and tulianr like this.
  10. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

This is the 4th report in the last two weeks they've done on the Grid. Judge Jeanine, and Neil Cavuto, both have been voicing concerns over the lack of will to spend the money to keep the power up and running!
    I would hate to be a well know Politician when TSHTF!! I think Mob Hanging's will make a comeback! The report last night said there have been 13 such Attacks in the last year.:eek:

11. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

As always, the stated issue is never the real issue to big government types. They probably see an opportunity to grant contracts to construction companies to build 20 foot concrete walls around substations and add union security officers, then reap the kickbacks to their campaigns that come with them.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

So many times lately I have been thinking that so much today was really only made 'legal' to feed the government's wallets(like traffic/parking violations and building codes). Nothing to do with protecting the citizens or the Constitution. I have to look into it, but there might be some county statute that says we can't live in (converted) shipping containers here. And I don't see a valid reason for it, other than the fact they are pre-engineered for durability, therefore the county won't get money for building permits and all that red tape they want people to go through when they actually build a house.

13. kellory

Building codes, are all about you not dying. Have any real doubts about that, watch the news, when Mother Nature smacks some foreign country, where codes are less, or ignored. Wind, water, earthquake, fire. Tsunami, their building fall to pieces. Ours don't. It ain't about kickbacks, or fees, it's to make sure, whoever builds your house, both knows HOW, and doesn't screw you, by going too cheap. Cheap wires burn down homes. Roofs fall in, as walls collapse. Foundations give way, or houses flood, because it sinks, or thin pipes split.
    I used to run a construction crew. It ain't about charing more money, it's about keeping you alive.

14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

That is your opinion, not fact. Look at the homes the pioneers built before building codes were around. They last a LOOOOOOOOONG time. And a building permit or a license(for contractors) is no guarantee of anything, especially because you're relying on the 'efficiency' of the government to mean something.

Edited addition: When our neighbors were almost done with building their house, they had a window over the kitchen sink, and the power meter reader threw a hissy fit because he didn't want them to see him read the meter, so they had to get rid of it before the county would approve it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  15. kellory

You will find abuse of power in all fields. That does not detract from it's purpose.

16. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I don't know why, but my brain is on its own thing right now and feels there is an undertone of fart jokes here...

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We lived in a few out in the Gulf,
    1. They had to have a gas/fire detection system installed AND working.

2. They had to have a escape door installed in the rear and you could not BLOCK the door !

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Here in Alaska, out in the Bush, you can build what you want, how you want, and tell anyone who doesn't like it, to "Take a Hike".... As long as it is NOT a Commercial Building. If it is then you must comply with the Fire Marshal Inspection requirements.....

Hammerhead likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7