Snow Country

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sheen_estevez, Jan 26, 2020.

1. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Living my whole life in the snow country you get use to spending 6 + months a year dealing with it, this year we have had warm weather 20's and 30's, and more snow, most years January/February is -30 to -20 for most of the month. Spend most of today clearing 1/2 of the garage roof, other 1/2 will wait for another day, had a good 30" sitting on the roof. Don't forget snow removal in your overall planning. Of course if you live in snow country it is part of the routine, it's not like we get a big storm and 20-30" of snow, no we get a few inches a day, this last week it started snowing on Tuesday and ended yesterday, overall 6 or so inches, seems like I spend all my time snowblowing
    snow before.

snow after.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Just like Home!
    I'm at 9400 feet elevation, and that's about what we get! Starts snowing in September and doesn't stop till May at the earliest!

3. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

we get the lake effect off Gitche Gumee (Lk Superior) until it freezes over. We start a little later in the year, November - May typically
    Some day I'll have a homestead in an area that never gets snow :) 50+ years in the snow is getting old

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Back in the days we lived in Michigan, I had a little John Deere paddle type snow blower, weighed about 30 or so pounds. Did a hell of a nice job on roofs and saved my back a few sorenesses.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7