Snper going bye-bye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniper-66, Mar 31, 2006.

1. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I will keep you all posted. I know as a minimum, I already have melbo loaded in my contacts list, so if I do send some pics, they will go to him and he can put them in the Admin section as I don't want everyone on the map below to know what I look like. I normally put out a MS Word letter with imbedded pics and a journal of what has been going on. Well, back to packing!

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Let us know what you need, maybe we will send you some stuff that if you get time you can give us product reviews on, I already have a few things in mind. I think that a test in the sandbox would be good indicator of a product. You have lots of monkeys here rooting for you and praying for your safe return. Of course we wouldn't mind seeing more NV pics either. Who would have thought that they would see a monkey playing in the sand. Good luck and Godspeed.

3. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I will take care of that Maadi for ya:)

4. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Take care of yourself my friend and be careful over there. We'll miss you and hope to hear from you if time permits.

If possible let us know if we can send you care packages - for most of us would love to send you and those who serve with you something to help with the time you are over there.

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

THanks S.

I'll Blur and blot any pics that you give me the OK on.
    Yes, I want that journal and I am on your list.

Take some cool pics of you blowing up stuff from afar!

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

What she said.

Iraq or Afghanistan? My buddy in the ArmyNG is in Mississippi packing and shipping their gear to Afghanistan, ahead of them. He'll be back for 9 days in late May, then off to Afghanistan for 12 months.

Take care of yourself, keep us posted when you get a chance. Let us know where to send care packages also, we'd like to add you to our list. Thank you for your service to this great country. [winkthumb] [bow]

7. sniper-66

I just got confirmation today that they are going to allow us to buy high speed internet when we get to the mob station, so I might not be that vacant at least until deployment, so y'all may have to put up with me some more! I also talked to a guy that just returned from where I am going and he said that they are now getting to the point that they are putting internet into individual quarters, so we will see how it goes. It would be my luck that I get stationed at a FOB then!

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cool so we may still get to see you around then. Which Im a little weak on some of the acronyms, what is the MOB and FOB?

So did I remember right that you will be state side for a couple of months yet doing some training before going into the sand or are you actualy heading in country now?

9. sniper-66

Sorry, MOB is short for Mobilization and FOB is Forward Operating Base. I speak it so easily that I forget that I am talking to civilians. I almost have my wife trained in Acronymese! Yes, we will be stateside until the end of August training, then we go in country then. One year in country and the rest is either in transit going or coming for a total of 18 months! Aviation is cool until it is time to deploy.

10. melbo

can you have visitors when in country?

SM field trip

11. E.L.

I know all about that. As the CSI, IIC, for the USDA, FSIS, IO I have to be bi-lingual! :lol:

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Don't forget FUBB, FUBAR, SNAFU, WTF.O?, KOMA, and all the rest uvvem -- :lol:

13. sniper-66

Melbo, come on over! I will greet you with a party of the like that you have never had before! There is a nightly fireworks display and we will make it in your honor that night!

14. melbo

Cool. Have one of your boys drop a ladder and I'll take 'jump seat'

15. monkeyman

Hey we could have pig butchering classes then go get in some target practice. :D

16. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[raspberry]

Stay safe! Do let us know if you need anything

17. monkeyman

So where you gonna be for the training time?

18. sniper-66

Going to Ft. Hood. Today is the departure ceremony and then tomorrow I take an aircraft to Hood, will be there by 1600. Getting ready to tear the laptop down and pack it away today. Must be getting real close, the wife is cranky and crying a lot.

19. E.L.

While you are flying around at Hood, swing our way and give me, Ghost and Magnus a fly over. I will even volunteer my house to be your FOB, I have a big open spot across the street from the house for you to land, extra rooms and also beds for you and your crew to sleep off the intoxicated state we will do our best to put you in. [beer]

20. monkeyman

Well if you happen to be able to have leave in June then would be great to have you and the Mrs and younguns to the get together, and if you dont make it and they would like they are certianly welcome to come out, only about a 3 or 4 hour drive from your place. [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7