Snper going bye-bye

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniper-66, Mar 31, 2006.

1. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry MM, my leave won't be until August and the wife already has dictated the plans. EL, email me where you live and I will see if I can get out and about on a cross country to fly over your houses.
    As soon as I complete this post, I will be shutting down the computer to pack it away. I will drop a line as soon as I get my room and can get internet up. Adios Amigos

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

My ex husband was in the Navy..and they always put acronyms on their hats..and always got in trouble , because they were so easy to figure out..until they came up with ICTS...

it continues to suck.

They never did figure that one out...

Hated it then..Now it is "the good old days, by God!"

Never misses a reunion of the shipmates..even though the Richmond K Turner is a reef somewhere now....

3. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

If you need anything, call. That isn't too far to ride down.

4. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Good luck Sniper write asap. dftkyhd

5. sniper-66

Well boys and girls, I've made it to Hood. Got internet up, but not much time to do anything. We just finshed in processing yesterday. We start TSIRT training real soon. I should have some pics soon to send Y'all. Miss you monkeys

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You're on your minds Sniper. Visit when you can

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The Sand Is Really Too (fill in the blank.) :D

8. Quigley_Sharps

:eek:

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I sent you an e-mail sniper, but it wouldn't let me through.

10. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

TSIRT??? :dunno:

11. sniper-66

Theatre Specific Individual Readiness Training

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ah. How to walk in sand and look like a rock. Man, I wish you all the best on this exercise. Keep the sand out of the turbines. [winkthumb]

13. Quigley_Sharps

Theater Specific Individual Readiness Training

14. Quigley_Sharps

whooops didnt read the next page.

15. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Thanks Sniper and Quig for the info, that must be the same type of training my buddy is receiving in Mississippi before his deployment to Afghanistan. [winkthumb]

Be safe Sniper and enjoy stateside while you still can. [winkthumb]

16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

From Sniper-66

Got this update on Saturday

We finally made it, Sniper-66 is in Hood. The flight down was pretty rough, we rode the front of a gust front all the way down, so we had 25 MPH cross winds the entire way, making for a very bumpy ride. We got to Ft. Hood about 1630 that day and thus started day 540.

After arrival, we unloaded and moved out to the barracks. About 2030, we got our keys and at about 2031, the wind knocked a tree into a transformer and our entire section of the post lost power. We had to move into our rooms and unpack by flashlights. At about 0130 the next morning, the power came on, so we got a stark wake up with all the lights on all the sudden and the fire alarm went off. The fire department decided to finally show up and shut it off at 0930, after eight hours of it going off. When the fire department finally showed up, they came screaming into our area with lights and sirens blaring and their bunker gear on. Guess it was a sign of things to come.
    We have finally finished in-processing and will start the actual mob training this next week. I’m sure I will be getting more pictures soon.
    Take care all, I will write more as it gets more interesting. We have staff planning for the next four days, time to start clawing my eyes out!

Couple pics:
    clip_image002_606. clip_image003_162.

17. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[winkthumb]

18. Quigley_Sharps

Good deal, glad eveything is going in a + for sniper

19. sniper-66

Well, going to Campbell tomorrow again, just a moment of freedom while we get to fly back commercial. Then back to the grind! See you all in a couple days.

20. Quigley_Sharps

Good Luck!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7