So a Muslim approached my son

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Motomom34, Jun 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, there comes a point in time where our children will make choices.
    Choices that we may disagree with.
    Choices that we may vehemently abhor.
    Choices that we will wonder where we went wrong.
    And choices where we are proud as a peacock as they were actually listening to us babble at them over the years.

But, it sounds like he's at an age that he's going to have to make the choice for himself. (an adult)

If you feel it necessary to explain your thoughts on the subject and what you feel in your heart about the situation to him.
    And then end the conversation with ..." It's going to have to be your call, honey. If you want to discuss it with me further .. I'm right here."

If you make this a divisive issue .. it will be. If you explain your thoughts in a calm manner and leave it up to him, it may turn out better than you think.

I am not a therapist nor family counselor nor a pontificator for any religion.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The eagle was a manifestation of his Spirit Guide, there to lead him away from danger or protect him if necessary. Its appearance was to instill strength within him and not allow him to be tempted.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Or it could have just been an Eagle flying over.... They do have a few of them, in Colorado, you know.... If an Eagle, flying over was some significant Omen.... I would be in Deep DoDo, as I have about 20, nesting in the trees behind the Cabin....

4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

you think haj wears them things?

:whistle:

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I was just thinking, I have an owl living in the tree outside my bedroom. Been hooting at me for years. I ain't dead yet.

chelloveck, Ganado and BTPost like this.
  6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Owls is what you gotta watch out for. I didn't have a lot of years with my great grandma, but in those years she put the fear of coming across owls into me but good.

Meat likes this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I have had a vision that a Great Grey Wolf is your Spirit Guide, @BTPost

ANIMAL SPIRIT GUIDES POWER OF ANIMAL SPIRITS
    TYPES OF ANIMAL GUIDES

Symbolic of the four sacred directions, four seasons, and the four colors of man, there are four basic types of animal guides.

Whether an animal spirit comes by dreams, signs and symbolic events, or actual events it is important to first determine if the guide is a Messenger Guide (Totem), Shadow Guide, Journey Guide or Life Guide.

The meaning and lessons an animal guide brings will differ according to the type of guide it may be. Learning to differentiate between the four types of totems is critical to knowing how to react and the actions you will take when an animal totem makes itself known to you. All guides are powerful.

A Messenger Guide quickly comes into your life and then leaves once a message is understood. The time a Message Guide stays in your psychic is relative to you seeing and accepting the message. The message itself can be spiritual in nature, or it can be a warning. The message may deal with a seemingly mundane aspect of your life or it may be a wake-up call for some important action you must make. Sometimes the animal messenger will come during an unusual event and make a powerful statement and others come on the wind as a whisper. A messenger guide can cause you delays or some unforeseen help in your life. They can be both negative and positive in nature for they are totally impartial.

A Shadow Animal Guide is one that invades you with fear. Its purpose it to teach a lesson you have not learned from repeated mistakes because of anger, avarice, greed, insecurity, or other negative thoughts. A Shadow Guide will return again and again bearing strong feelings of fear until its message is acted upon or a change in lifestyle or actions are incorporated into your life. The Shadow Guide is powerful. It can help you to overcome fear by bringing truth and turning fear into a helper animal guide or spirit animal guide. However, if ignored the Shadow Guide can become dangerous and its powers will have a negative affect on your life. The Shadow Guide lives in the spirit world and usually arrives during a time of testing.

A Journey Animal Guide appears at the fork in the road of your life. When a decision is made to follow a certain path in life, the Journey Guide is there to serve as a guide along the way. It represents a path that may take months or years to complete. It can be a friendly traveling companion if the path is right. If you become lost along the way, the Journey Guide is there help lead the way back. Unlike a Messenger Guide who comes and leaves quickly, the Journey Guide remains at your side until the current cycle in your life has changed. appears at the fork in the road of your life. When a decision is made to follow a certain path in life, the Journey Guide is there to serve as a guide along the way. It represents a path that may take months or years to complete. It can be a friendly traveling companion if the path is right. If you become lost along the way, the Journey Guide is there help lead the way back. Unlike a Messenger Guide who comes and leaves quickly, the Journey Guide remains at your side until the current cycle in your life has changed.

A Life Animal Guide is also called a Spirit Guide as it remains a part of you throughout life and reflects your inner-spiritual self. You may have more than one Life Guide and new ones may come during an expected time. Usually a Life Guide does not move away or disappear but remains an integral part of your life, however, there are instances when a particular Life Guide is no longer needed and is replaced with a new one. Its powers are always there for you and serve as a constant reminder of your inner powers and oneness with nature. If for example your Life Guide is Bear, you should be a person who is a solitary dweller, a seeker of knowledge and well grounded. A Life Guide will often call upon other animal guides found within its domain to assist in giving you special messages from time to time.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Motomom34 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Why would any one want to join that insane religion?
    A little bit of knowledge will go a long way to squash those thoughts. Best I can figure if you are dirt poor and hate everyone better off than you then it makes perfect sense.
    No pork, no alcohol, treat and beat women like animals, believe it impossible for a husband to rape a wife, okay to rape non muslims (not just talking about the women), don't believe in vaccines, obligatory prayer 5 times a day, then you have a whole month of no eating, drinking, smoking, having sex during the day. Whats not to love?
    I think I would rather take my chances with communism.
    I have been to the middle east 5 times in 3 different countries. My original thinking before I starting going to the middle east was "it cant be as bad as what people say". I will assure you its far worse than you could possibly imagine.
    I will now list everything good I have to say about them:

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Read a book on that religion written in the 50's or so...

a point that very often gets ignored is...

the prophet was in the back of a cave during the hottest part of the day where it was cool...

when he said he was first contacted...

he told several people he thought it was a demon at first...

even the imams acknowledge this as truth...

read... that's all he really needs to do...

Motomom34 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

First impressions are usually the most accurate ones.

12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Exactly. The young man is 20 years old and if anything like his mother then he has a head on his shoulders that is for something more than a hat rack. Point out if this is a religion of peace then what happen in Istanbul? What happened in Orlando? Why are they cutting people's head's off that they capture and enslaving women and young girls? And, why are the leaders of Islam not speaking out, screaming out denouncing these murders? All he has to do is open a newspaper or get on the internet...

Taku, Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you so much for saying this. I do feel confident and I know I taught him something because otherwise he never would have mentioned the encounter. I am alarmed that he has thought about it and had positive things to say but he is a strong kid and he did open the dialogue. All the posts above have given me fuel and knowledge so that when my son and I have another talk about this recruitment (and I believe that is what it was), I can knowledgeably talk to him. I understand he wants to be open to everything because I taught the kids to not judge a book by its cover but he has to be aware of somethings no matter how kind can have evil lurking underneath. I do believe that eagle was a sign. I have been reading on the eagle tonight and it is such a spiritual creature.

Ganado, ghrit, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  14. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

My spirit guide is Crown Royal.

VisuTrac, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 12 others like this.
  15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It would be nice if things were different and we could think better of the Muslim religion because as others and myself have pointed out - not all Muslims are bad. But, the religion is flawed and intolerant and most of those good Muslims I know would be in a very difficult position trying to explain themselves to one of these fanatics. So, sorry to say this is the world we live in and if a Muslim man or women approached my niece and gave them the spew of 'Islam is peace and kindness and etc.' and - well - I would consider them the same as a heroin dealer...and probably treat them in the same manner.

techsar and Motomom34 like this.
  16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Sorry, My GOD does NOT use animals to speak to Me.... When he chooses to do so, it isn't via any natural living thing. If I saw. A Grey Wolf around here, I would smoke his Butt, on the spot, and sell his hide on the Fur Market... He would be a very rare Wolf in this area. Our local wolves are mostly Black....

chelloveck likes this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Your God may not but we left organized religion that told us what to think. My family happens to be more open to what is around us. We of are the belief, we may be humans but we are a real small dot in the whole spectrum of things.

18. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Consider this: Where did Moses go for revelation, and where was Mohammed when he got revelation?
    The answer to those two questions will tell you a lot about where the revelation was coming from.

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The more you think about it the worse it looks.

20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

And sometimes an eagle is just an eagle.....there is no need to super-impose some superstitious supernatural meaning to a natural occurrence. Now, if your son had witnessed Al-Burāq upload_2016-6-30_20-5-59. flying around above the park....that might need some explaining. ;)

Buraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7