So Called Survivalist Kills Wife, Daughter, Himself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silversnake, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

What ex-mil skill set?

Judging by the pictures; the door would have been wiser to pop than the roof. That was a ex-mil skill set. ;)

As the construction of the structure was unknown unpredictable things happen. The door would have been easy to find for SAR types.

True, as he went to town (I believe to shoot pool, correct?) local deputies could have walked up and picked him up without violence. I'd concede maybe perhaps a struggle which seldom gets anyone killed. Ditto, A local LEO such as Alpha Dog could have walked up and busted him.

It was the Fed's over the top reaction fueled by their "moment" on National TV turned a simple local bust into a bloody fiasco.

I am appalled by the actions of either side. If one wishes to fight to the death; send the women and children out. No comments are required on the Fed's performance except to say some Nazis were hung for less.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Per the article and stories we have been given in the local area- it sounds like he was very capable vs the others that could not handle the basic terrain and struggled per the details provided. Sounds to me like he was an asset and well trained- if you do not like the ex-mil skill set comment- that was my opinion.

Considering the log construction of the bunker, it may have been determined to be the best option vs the door. I personnaly would have gone for the door for entry.
    As noted by others, there are many lessons to learn about this failure in opsec by giving away his location.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7