so easy to snipe you, burn you out

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by meyah, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Rex Lee

Rex Lee Monkey+

Great reply by chelloveck.
    I saved that to be printed out and filed in my survival prep document library.

chelloveck likes this.
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

In More ways than one.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Har. The bait's in the water ---

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Okay, so I am confused..... is Meyah, Gunkid, Rictus, DeeDee???? Possibly one and same? writing style and general views all the same?

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

*edit*
    It's just a forum, relax. I love chocolate.

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Deleted by poster. My dispute with another member in public here was inappropriate, and should have been dealt with as a Private Message. My apologies to all. Read and abide by the Code of Conduct.

7. Brokor

Blah. Life is too short.

8. ghrit

Meyah and gunkid are one and the same, and were banned quite a while back. The other two are different. Rictus put himself down, heard no more from him.

Lack of tact is evidently contagious recently, along with some, ah, pushing the envelop of CoC Item 1. (You know who you are and what you need to do.)

9. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

Temper temper everybody. There are always going to be those that come and go and try and dig here and there. Don't take it so personal as they soon tire of the game and move on to easier picken's . Or those stupid games. Some people grow up .... and some just grow ! My.02

10. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

AHEM

Insulated Concrete Forms

Bullet resistant/proof depending on how thick and how you build, fireproof and darn near earthquake proof

insulated concrete forms - Google Search

We are about to build a small modern castle out of this stuff

11. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Sounds worth checking into. Don't get why someone would try and burn someone out to get their stuff anyways. Wouldn't it burn with them?

12. -06

-06 Monkey+++

He painted a scenario that probably will never happen. If times get bad enough for someone to be sniping to get food/shelter then there will be enclaves of folks in every home with any chance of surviving. One cannot be 100% certain of surviving anywhere or with what ever type of armament. All you can do is prepare the best you can. Listening posts and a bit of recon will go a very long way towards our safety. IMO, snipers and other "raiders" will not last very long. Granted they may take out a few folks but PC rules will be long forgotten. The perps will be tracked down and eliminated like the vermin they are. In fact, they may be removed early on to prevent such things from happening. I can think of several of that type that I would personally "talk to" because I know what kind of scum they are and what they would do.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Can't argue with people like the author. I know, I've tired...
    It's like teaching a pig to sing! All you do is to annoy the pig and waste your time!

14. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

You can train a pig to do a lot of things, but in the end it is still a pig. My pig just sings a different tune. [boozingbuddies]

15. ghrit

He's been released from the federal (pig) pen, we are told. Maybe we can train him to sniff out truffles?

16. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

Yes, I see it as something that attackers would do if you resisted them, just to get even. Say you shoot one or more of them in defense..

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

What do you guys think of those concrete monolithic dome homes?

18. Brokor

Fantastic. Expensive. Only practical to those with the finances to burn.

19. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Federal Bureau of Prisons <
    [​IMG] JOHN MELVIN DAVIS UNKNOWN IN TRANSIT

20. But worth considering for those in fire or hurricane territory - concrete domes have survived both disasters as stick built homes around them have been destroyed. Additionally, monolithic domes may very well recoup their expense and then some in heating and cooling costs in very hot or very cold climates. Just a thought.

1. oil pan 4
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Lone Gunman
  4. Tyler Danann
  5. Motomom34
  6. Brokor
  7. Brokor
  8. Brokor
  9. melbo
  10. melbo
  11. Yard Dart
  12. Seacowboys