So I walked into a bank and took all their money

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I no longer keep any large amounts of money in any banks. closed all accounts. Have nothing to lose or seize , they have no way of knowing how much money we have. I have silver bars, cash and other assets. All well hidden . All I show on the books is debt and mama's ssd check which is spent on bills. They leave us alone because it looks like we are debt compliant. :)

2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

The banks are required by law to have 10% cash on hand at all times. However, they don't care what the law is.

...its a slave new world we live in.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is for the Total Bank, and does NOT mean at each Branch... A branch only needs enough cash, to handle Double, what their average Daily Withdrawal Total Amount is... They can get more cash from their Federal Reserve Account, with a phonecall, usually within two days Maximum....

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The banks made it pretty clear they don't care about the rules.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

They can skirt the Rules, right up until the FDIC Auditor comes by, to check the Books, Once a Year.... Then things GET Really DICEY.... If they think the Bank is "Cooking the Books" they will Close it Down, in a HeartBeat.... My Old Man was an FDIC Auditor during WWII, and a Banking Executive the rest of his life.... The ONE thing a Bank will NEVER Do, is mess with the FDIC Auditor. Those Boys work for the Comptroller of Currency, who controls ALL Federal Banking Charters... If you have an ISSUE with a Bank, and want to scare the Crap out of the Banksters, threaten to file an Official Complaint, in Writing with the Comptroller of Currency.... That will get their Attention REAL FAST... The last thing, in the whole WORLD, they want is for a hoard of FDIC Auditors digging thru their Books...

Ganado, VisuTrac and oil pan 4 like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I didn't think it's illegal to make a transaction for 10k or more .. it's just that the government wants to know about it.

On the other hand there is that stupid structuring law, make multiple withdraws/deposits that appear that you are avoiding the reporting, someone at the bank files a suspicious activity report, feds get a warrant and seize your cash.

I guess you don't want to sell multiple cars in a week and attempt to put it in the bank to after each sale, to pay the house payment.

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have seen a guy who runs a couple of local fast food places at the bank a few times.
    I don't know how much he deposits but they are usually working on him for at least 5 to 10 minutes any time i see him there. Once it took the bank teller over 20 minutes to count his deposits and he was already at the counter when I got there.
    As long as the government is getting their cut I think they leave you alone.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Canada gets IT'S books looked at every TWO years by ENGLAND /Queen / Rothschild for the amount of Tariff to be paid to the crown.
    Some BS person is the BS news (Prince chucky or The New Prince William , [but in real life its all accountants who check the books ] the prince & his babe are a full distraction .) This is why Canada is so expensive ! we pay way to much for what I pay retail in USA . AND AGAIN we pay for our medical !! NOTHING is free !!! Were just not ripping off the folks like obo-care has ..

Buddy in WA pays through the nose for med ins , wife is in union of teachers , last medical over Xmas has put him @ 50G in the red !!
    That is obo-care ..
    Total Joke

Ganado likes this.
  9. Imasham

Imasham Monkey

Ummm...wow! Where did you get your information? Canada pays no fees/taxes/tariffs to the British crown.

You have used the word "we" twice in this quote when comparing things to the US. I cannot tell from the context which country you are exactly referring to when you say 'we pay for our medical'. If you are referring to Canada then it is generally not the case that we pay for medical costs. For example, I am having major, serious surgery at the end of the month and will be in the hospital for about a week. I will not be paying anything. My provincial health care plan, of which I am a part of but for which there are no deductibles or fees, will pay for everything.

Now, how is this accomplished? Well, you're correct in that nothing is free and the money does come from the citizens in the form of higher taxes than those in the US are used to. I believe (but don't know for sure) that corporate taxes are higher too and as a result many goods and services are more expensive. In my town gasoline is currently CDN$1/liter. This means CDN$1/0.264 US Gallons. With today's exchange rate CDN$1 = US$0.76. Putting both of these together means I am paying US$2.88/gallon for gas. Another example: milk is CDN$4.56 for a 4 litre jug. This equates to US$3.16/US gallon. Gas and milk are two commodities that are often talked about and which I typically always find cheaper in the US.

There are pros and cons to living anywhere. Canadians pay higher taxes but I would argue our standard of living is higher. Of course that is a very subjective statement on my part but I at least wanted to correct you on some of the gross errors you made in your post.

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

You "pay" for your "free" medical care with higher taxes.

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We don't want universal health care because all us military and former military fear all health care will turn into a gigantic version of tricare and VA. Both of which suck.
    The government has already shown us how they run health care for people you think they'd actually want to take care of and it's a disaster.
    Fake waiting lists so people with cancer will die.
    Treating pain symptoms while ignoring the cause with cheap opioid narcotics which will eventually kill you.
    Spending millions of dollars on facility art sculptures while denying people treatment.
    They offer the lowest pay for doctors, nurses (you get what you pay for).

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    DKR, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I'd rather pay than go to the VA. How about the government gets private insurance for all the vets and then all the libs that want socialized medicine can have the VA system.

oldawg and Tully Mars like this.
  13. Cruisin Sloth

14. Imasham

Imasham Monkey

Crown land does not mean the definition you are giving it. Canada does not pay money to the British crow in taxes or fees or subscriptions or anything of that nature. You really need to learn how your own country works. Here are a couple of points from the government web site on the 2010 royal tour.

How much does the monarchy cost Canadians?

The Government of Canada does not contribute funding in support of the Royal Households in the United Kingdom.

Who pays for Royal Tours of Canada?

There are two types of Royal Tours: official tours and working or private visits.

The Government of Canada covers costs when it extends an official invitation. The provinces cover the costs of their own activities. As hosts, the provinces also share a portion of the travel and accommodation costs with the Government of Canada, based on pre-determined “cost-sharing agreements”.

Invitations for working or private visits may be extended by groups such as regiments, sports organizations, etc. In these instances, the Government of Canada has no financial involvement.

Now, if you take into account the various duties done by the Governor General and all of the Provincial Lieutenant Governors then yes, we are paying for those services but the money does not go to Britain. Read this: $1.10 per Canadian - The Cost of Canada’s Constitutional Monarchy

15. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Cash is king. for now anyway.

16. Cruisin Sloth

mysterymet likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It happened again.
    My PayPal account had a 5 day hold put on it because I was spending too much money too quickly.
    Then a checking account charge was denied for the same reason.
    Luckily for me I was able to pay with credit card for some things and pay cash to get a certified bank check and snail mail it off for the big order.

This was by no means an extraordinary amount of money being spent to have my accounts held.

So if you have a lot of money in the bank don't plan on being able to spend it or get at most of it in a hurry (a single day).
    Just think what you would be able to get out of your account if everyone was running to the bank.

Cash and credit cards that keep roughly a 0 ballance saved the day.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

They want you to keep your money where they have control over it.

Tully Mars and oil pan 4 like this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Indeed.

20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Wells Fargo here was really worried that my wife was going to empty her account today.
    I guess there's been a bit of a run on the banks.
    She only has a mere $16k in there.

1. VisuTrac
  2. DarkLight
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. Brokor
    Uploaded by: Brokor, Dec 26, 2017, 0 comments, in album: Law
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado
  8. Legion489
  9. Legion489
  10. Mindgrinder