So I walked into a bank and took all their money

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Beware that cops will steal your cash if they discover it, and it will take some time to get it back. if ever.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah my friend likes to tell a story about when his dad took over the department one of his employees had to return $9,000 to a retired General Electric worker by order of the judge in the form of a personal check, then that guy got fired on supposedly unrelated matters soon afterwards.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Today in went to the bank to get a lowly $2,000 out and they were like "we are low on cash". So I only took a thousand.
    Probably just an isolated incident....
    Oh also the bills were sequential...
    Surely an isolated incident.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Likely they hadn’t got a recent transfer from the nearest Federal Reserve Bank... Odd for the weekend coming up being StupidBowl weekend... Or the Branch Manager screwed up on his count on Wed...

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

ATMs run out of money on excuse to drink weekends.

6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Over the years i have removed FIAT in amounts of under 5G like 4150. $ and move it into other REAL INVESTMENT .
    Rabbits are the next here , A few G's are to be invested and we will see and learn.
    Sloth

Sunnyvibes, mysterymet and techsar like this.
  7. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

I keep a bank account for deposits I move it asap. My emergency money is in a CMA account with a brokerage, along with savings for whatever.

I try to keep my cash working. Not easy in today's world. Got out of the S&P in March, dont care if I sold too early.

I don't have a credit card, only amex.

8. Cruisin Sloth

I have a few CCs Work and personal , my Big one is a cash back , they didn't credit the 940. bucks from last year back ,, it just went away ,, CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS .
    Came through 2 months later , was told a computer glitch !!
    Sloth

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Conspiracy to traffic machine guns case all because some bank manager karen bitch was on her period.

Lessons learned:
    Don't ever try to take out more than $10,000 from the bank.
    Be nice to the people who work at banks, they have a rollerdex of fed boys.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

About 25 or 30 years ago, my Father had a local chain of liquor stores and one Friday the bank called asking if we were planning to make a deposit that day. It seems that they were having a little cash flow problem and were calling some of their customers that made large cash deposits. I remember my Father saying that it was a little unnerving to learn that the bank was short of cash, but we made a deposit that day. That happened a couple of times over the years.

11. The wife and I went shopping today. Went to Ruler/Kroger. I grabbed a quarter for cart rental to go in their store and spend money. As fate would have it, on the way in to the store, I pushed 2 abandoned carts into the store, then found another cart not properly locked down in the rack. Sooooo. I made 75 cents in a couple minutes. I decided to make the best of my unexpected windfall of money. I could have pissed away the money on a couple packs of ramen noodles, but I decided to pay it forward so to speak. When I returned our shopping cart, I unlocked 4 carts for the next people shopping.

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If I know i am going to need significant money in the near future I start right away drawing money.

13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Bank here thoroughly p-o'd my wife. Took a $3000 check in to cash. They said no. Wife said fine, here's a withdrawal for $30000. They did comply...a$$holes.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  14. Cruisin Sloth

Slow and steady decrease holdings , I'm broke now , Balance is just enough to pay a month. House ..
    Business account was a little harder, but bought spare blades and 3 new machines with trade in's .. Now were looking for a way to dump into a new machine that is needing me to train and get updated to fly.
    Flown them B4 but it's the time to get endorsed ..(fuel costs , and not pimping the machine )
    Sloth

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Spend it on hookers, cocane, booze, slots and more hookers.

1. VisuTrac
  2. DarkLight
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. Brokor
    Uploaded by: Brokor, Dec 26, 2017, 0 comments, in album: Law
  6. Ganado
  7. Ganado
  8. Legion489
  9. Legion489
  10. Mindgrinder
  11. Yard Dart