So sick of non, US born citizens, harping about gun control etc..

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by UGRev, Jan 4, 2013.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'll add a third. My cousin by marriage is from Iran. He is a hardcore Conservative, Naturalized Citizen, hunter,(possession of a gun would have him killed there) , votes in every election, (even if it cost him work time) and is a working Chemical Engineer. (would be ashamed of needing public assistance) learned the language, and teaches his kids about constitutional values. He's smart, fearless, and accurate. Most people think he's Mexican, because he doesn't advertise where he's from, because of people's knee jerk reactions. If i needed help badly, i know he'd come running. He earns the right, everyday.

ghrit and BTPost like this.
  2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

That's awesome.. I'm glad he's on our side. Does he understand Americanism.. ?

3. kellory

You refer to the cultural language? Well, he lives in Texas, that should tell you something... There are a few phrases, we have had to explain, or do you mean traditions? We are a hunting family, with a family hunt on the old family farm each year. He has never missed one.:D

4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Unless one is a Native American, they are descended from legal immigrants. According to scientific theories even Native Americans were immigrants. My issue is with illegal immigrants who take from Americans and claim this is Altazan.

I am fed up with supporting them.

5. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

No, it's not a "Concept".. it's just something intrinsic. You feel American first and everything that goes with it. I don't think it's something I can explain. It's like trying to understand "Going Galt" if you've never heard the term.

6. kellory

Yes, it is a term or concept, that is why I asked.
    Americanism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

37px-Wiktionary-logo-en.svg.
    Look up americanism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
    The term Americanism has a few uses. It chiefly alludes to the United States & American culture and is often a historical term.
    [edit]​
    United States

[edit]​
    Culture

[edit]​
    Global Disposition

• Americanism (ideology), an early 20th century political ideology frequently posited in opposition to Communism or Fascism
    • Americanism (heresy), a group of related heresies founded upon the separation of church and state
    • An attitude or conviction which gives special importance to the nation, national interest, political system, or culture of the United States
    [edit]​
    Other

[edit]​
    The Americas

• Pan-Americanism, the ideology of promoting integration between the nations of North, Central, and South America and the Caribbean
    • a phrase: anything, such as a custom, particular to or characteristic of the Americas, and especially of the United States

37px-Wiktionary-logo-en.svg.

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

"Consumer culture" seems to be where we are today.

8. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Uh, no. Just because someone wikipeed the term doesn't mean it's something you can capture with a simple definition that's like trying to define, with words, the individual and unique properties of a person. Americanism it's something that grows with you. It manifests differently in me than in you, but we both know what it means to be american first. Imo, some people Never get it.

9. kellory

I spent 5 years in Californication. Illegal Aliens are a pet peeve of mine. I think we could solve three problems at once (of course no one asked me) But we should dig a ditch from ocean to ocean on our southern border, use the dirt to bring New Orleans up above sea level, and fill the ditch with the alligators from the Florida swamps! :D

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. Took "Americanism" to mean "colloquialism" or idiomatic expressions, not some deep arcane philosophy. (But I've been wrong before ---) So, guys, how many angels can dance on a pin head?

11. kellory

I'm aware of that, but the term is out there, so I asked how you were using it. You said "Does he understand Americanism.. ?" I would say better than most who were born here.

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

If America is so bad, why did they come here?

I agree except I would choose salt water crocodiles as unlike our alligators they are well known as man eaters. ;)

13. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

In that case let's throw the Kartrashians in there. They'd give those crocs a run for their money.

14. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

and in my experience with foreigners living here, that is not the case. I'm not saying there can't ever be a possibility (because I generally don't think anything is "impossible") so I will rephrase and say that it is so unlikely as to be statistically near 0% without being 0%. There is always a bond to where you came from, no matter how weak. It's kind of like how I experience, from the outside, how my marine friends have this "ism" surrounding their being Marines. I always feel like an outsider, even if I conceptually understand what it is they have between eachother and I don't. I can feel it.

15. kellory

Correct in theory, but flawed in design. This would NOT help Florida, (one of the purposes) would add greatly to the project cost, and would introduce a foreign species, (we have problems enough with wild boar, Japanese Carp, and Africanized Killer Bees.) instead, post it clearly and often with this sign (in English only) and it will also help make sure those that do get here, know the language. images (1).

16. kellory

Anytime you feel left out like that, try these two words and mean them: Teach Me.

17. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

LOL, so true.

They'd probably pollute the canal.

Speaking of man-eaters.. Top 10 Worst Man Eaters In History - Listverse

From his Marine friends, the one word answer would be enlist. ;)

Guess we'll have to switch to the Kardashians. :D

Hopefully, the Kardashians will not be able to reproduce in the wild. ;)

kellory and ditch witch like this.
  18. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

at 38, it's too late for that. Our group dynamic has a two bands of fellowship. The Marines in the group have theirs and the group as a whole has its own. It's just nice to have that and it's enough for me. When they get into their bonding, I gently remove myself and let them have their time as they've earned it. There is no jealousy there. I actually enjoy it because although I'm not a part of it, I can feel it as well.

19. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I understand what you are saying. I belong to a Veteran's BBS. Infantry, Armor, Aviation a variety of MOS types makes for a good crowd. As we have Vn, DSI and DSII, as you mentioned there is a dynamic which transcends wars.

UGRev likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7