So... these creepy clowns...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GhostX, Oct 8, 2016.

1. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I don't know if everyone has heard about the growing trend that's starting up in America these days but it's beginning to get a little out of hand.

(Warning: there are quite a few F-bombs dropped on this video)

I heard from two different people last night that a clown was spotted outside the high school in my home town yesterday resulting in a lockdown of the school. I think everyone should be aware of these people and realize that most of them are likely stupid kids just pulling halloween pranks. Also be aware that I have heard of a person getting beaten and robbed by one of these clowns.

Personally, I can't think of a better way to get shot.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I saw a video yesterday of someone taking a baseball bat to one of these clowns. I m not sure what this whole clown thing is about but people do not like creepy and they are reacting.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

This may be new for the U.S., but there are old videos of pranks just like this all over Europe. In the original videos, the clown is seen smashing somebody's head or stabbing somebody and then charges after the unsuspecting passerby when they see him. It's all staged, with fake bodies and fake blood. Of course, in America...lots of people are armed.

So, "just add stupid" and you have the current situation. This is mimicry of the scary clown pranks. Some folks will do anything to attract views to their channel.

Thousands upon thousands of videos from years ago until current. Idiots.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

Here is a video with some news reports

5. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I'm just a little worried about this because I work graveyard and I usually ride my bike to work around 10pm and back home after 6am. If I run into one of these guys...

I mean, I'm pretty confident in my ability to defend myself while unarmed but some of these asshats have machetes. I'm thinking about taking defensive precautions. I do not own a gun but I do own a ninja sword. I remade the handle from how it originally was to make it a full tang sword and I also sharpened the blade so I think it would hold up well in a combat scenario. I'm thinking about mounting the sheath on my bike so I can have it with me when I ride at night, just in case.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Don't bring a sword to a gun fight........

7. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I'd rather have a sword than nothing at all if I get cornered by one or a group of these psychos. I do believe it's just a prank but if they want my cash or my life, I'm for damn sure going to make them earn it.

8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

No one wins in a life fight .
    And if the cops catch you with a sword you can be charged. suspicion.

chelloveck likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm not a clown expert
    Nor did I sleep in a Holiday inn last night
    But I'm willing to bet that right about the time someone shoots the Hell out of a couple of these they will then crawl back into their mama's basement!

Motomom34, kemps, techsar and 3 others like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

These clown posts are an annual event, it's called Hallowe'en fer cryin' out loud.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I read on Drudge, yesterday, that one got shot in the head yesterday... No ID as of the article, but Dead is DEAD.... Take out a few more, or just turn them over to LE, and this will become a stupid idea, real fast... and we did sleep in a Best Western, last night....

12. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Ninja, you say? You don't happen to own a tactical wheelbarrow, do you? :rolleyes:

13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

In some States, that sword will get you 24 hours in the lock-up and a nice fine. Carry a baseball bat. They are not illegal and are a great defensive weapon.

Gator 45/70 and GrayGhost like this.
  14. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

At my age, every fight will be a gunfight.

15. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

^^^^ This ^^^^

I am too young to die and too old for an ass whoopin'. I will shoot you dead as a damned door nail and step over your corpse as you assume room temperature.

Gator 45/70 and BlueDuck like this.
  16. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

KIMG0308. My son is one of the creepy clowns he only dresses up on Halloween night but is away preparing for it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  17. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@Bishop - I honestly, sincerely, truly hope he doesn't get himself hurt or killed. While the popularity of clowns is up something like 300% this year, there are a lot of places refusing to carry the costume and kit to make the costume. They don't want any liability.

I wouldn't dress up as a clown this year on a bet, never mind the fact that clowns and me do NOT get along.

On a side note, "Creepy Clown" is redundant.

Motomom34, mysterymet and GrayGhost like this.
  18. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I'm not sure what that means honestly. I don't believe I've ever heard of a tactical wheelbarrow.

The sword was something my old martial arts instructor got for me. It was originally a nodachi. The blade was a bit longer than an average straight sword because they were used to combat against soldiers on horseback in feudal Japan. It was a good sword but the tang was only at half the handle with no guard. So I took it apart and ground down the blade a bit further up on either side to the thickness of an oak dowel rod I had which I cut down the center with a saw. Then I went and found a nice piece of bamboo that I could slide the dowel rod into and tapped it in with the blade and guard held tightly until it was secure. After that I held the bamboo over a fire to cure it and secured it with an extremely durable string making a knot every time I came around to the side the blade faces. It's a full tang grip now with an extended handle for extra grip and reach with the balance centered at the guard.

It was a lot of fun to make.

19. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

Your right, I would be better off with a staff I think. I never understood that law. I mean, is a sword more dangerous than a gun?

Honestly the sword was just the first thing I grabbed and right now it's the only weapon I have with me. I think I should be alright since it will be dark but it will only be for tonight until I can get to a staff... or finally go and buy a gun. I'm not sure why I've put that off for this long.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    Ura-Ki likes this.
  20. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

after you buy the gun, get some trigger time .....

Ura-Ki, GrayGhost and ghrit like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7