So what did ya get?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wrc223, Dec 26, 2011.

1. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Since Christmas is over once again till next year, the question remains, what did ya get?
    I made out good as usual. Got a new red dot for the flat top carbine. It's all mounted and bore sighted, I just gotta get to the range this week to sight in.
    Got a few new job shirts to wear at the station and a new Hi-viz parka for MVA's and fire police activities.
    A few pounds of black powder, some H110, reloading dies for the Beowulf, and some nitrated paper for making rounds for the Sharps.
    Mom and dad got the wife and I a set of stainless steel wire racks for our canned stuff in the cellar. Tonight we will set that up (Ma and Pa do a lot to help us along with support to our preps wich allows us to focus on preps instead of storage and logistics).

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I got Momma replacement a Digital Camera, and a replacement Flip Video Recorder, for the ones that were "Mis-directed" when she was coming home from here African Deployment, last fall. She was very happy to get them, so she says.... She decided to get me a Replacement Wx Station as our old one has started slowly dying here in the last 6 months. So now I have to decide on which one, and get it coming.... Very productive Christmas, for us both.....

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Something money did not buy other than the ammo.

We got to spend family time at the range on Christmas Day. I took my father, son and my son's girlfriend. My father had not shot a firearm in over 25 yrs. and had always wondered why I had so many guns, he is still stuck in a land of delusion that the Democrats are the working man's party.

After shooting a variety of handguns and long guns and seeing how his youngest grandson handles firearms, I think I might be finally turning him. He mentioned how he regrets never sharing the same experiences with my brother and I.

4. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

A brand new coffee maker that makes fresh tepid coffee. Not sure if thats the product of Chinese quality control or douchebags that sue when they spill hot coffee on themselves.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Done that a few times on Christmas, miss the oldman, my Brother lights up the woods whenever he visits me, wont be much longer my boy will get a .22 under the tree.

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I got to spend Christmas morning with my daughter and grandchildren and the evening with a friend just listening to music together. A good day - that's what I got and what I appreciate more than anything that might come wrapped and ribboned

Cephus, tulianr, ColtCarbine and 3 others like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Poor mans Wampum...Bullets...Wifey racked up though...Range finder...and my truck...ccc

8. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Marlin papoose, dry bag, and ammo.

Smitty

9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

A pair of awesome comfy slippers !

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got to chase cats.

tulianr likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

There has to be more to this story....?

12. tomr

tomr Monkey+

solar panels 45 watt,reloading stuff

BTPost likes this.
  13. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Cat probably thinks so.

14. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I got my husband one of those soda stream soda makers along with some extra CO2 catridges and bottles of diet coke mix. He loves diet coke!

BTPost likes this.
  15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I got to take both my boy's 8 and 25 out shooting.

Cephus, Sapper John and BTPost like this.
  16. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Chase or herd?

17. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Got a Genuine Swedish Fire Steel - I look forward to using it during my upcoming General Lee Birthday Weekend holiday camping trip.
    Momma sent me a $500 check too - it'll pay the property tax and leave some for fun.
    Got myself a second Coleman LED lantern - this one has the rechargeable battery pack - with the included 12V plug I can recharge from the van or my portable deep cycle battery unit.

18. Joy of delivering Christmas presents to 20 residents of the local nursing home who have no family. There are a lot of lonely people in these places.....many veterans.

19. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

I got pink footie pajamas with a hood that has pink bunny ears on it. I was thinking of wearing it around the neighborhood on New Year's Eve to screw with the drunks. ;)

Also a wine glass holder, some Wally gift cards, and an assortment of bacon flavored stuff (jelly beans, lip gloss, popcorn) from a coworker that makes me suspect a vegan formulated the bacon flavoring.

weegrannymush likes this.
  20. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Got the "gift" of making it through my dreaded first Christmas without my daughter and was surrounded by some of her children and grandchildren. Had a really great dinner. Saw my oldest (17) greatgrandson SAVE THE LIFE of my youngest greatgrandson (1), who had a convulsion and stopped breathing. A lot of Christmas Day was spent at the hospital but thanks be to God, the wee one made it through and is fine now.

On the "what did I actually get" side, a book on living after an EMP, and two on Prepping, lots of duplicate kitchen tools for my prepping, a batch of Scottish oatmeal and a Spurtle...and my grandson-in-law gave me an Apocalype calendar, also received a new microwave and DVD player, and a whole lot of other stuff. Lots of lovely loot, lol! When you have a large clan like mine (4 kids, 14 grandchildren and 24 greatgrandchildren) it tends to be that way!

Cephus, chelloveck and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7