So what do you drive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Sep 29, 2005.

1. TexasDoc

TexasDoc Monkey+++ Founding Member

I drive a 1990 Chev Suburban,2004 Frod F-350 4x4 Superduty crew cab,1993 Astro van.

the Suburban has just over 313000 miles and hasa new motor, the Astro Van is the wife and she jsut got it a few months back for a sweet deal it has 179,000 mi.on it and she only paid 1400.00 for it.

Well the Beast is siting for awhile as teh Price of Diesel here is 3.29 per gal. :-o :-o and its not going down anytime soon it looks.

Doc

2. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sometimes I drive this.
    truck1_179.

3. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

'04 Dodge 1500 extended cab

Love that truck !!
    100_0232__small__142.

4. TLynn

And not a single one of you can put an 8 foot piece of sheet rock in the bed of your trucks flat and close the tail gate.

Some trucks...

Sorry, much as I might like the looks of the newer trucks, I'm not impressed by bed space one bit.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I can, in iether of mine, but I pay for that at the pump. I have to have the full sizes for a lot of the stuff here at the farm.

6. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I wanted to do that, Teresa, I'd of bought a truck with a 8' bed. I got exactly what I wanted - a covered bed I can put stuff (mostly shooting stuff) in and lock it. We went on a 4500 mile trip in June in that Dodge, so answer me this: would you rather take mine or yours on that trip? :lol: [ROFL]

7. TLynn

Mine Don, I'd rather take mine...sure you have air conditioning and all of that. I actually can repair mine with bailing wire.

monkeyman - I didn't have a picture of yours so couldn't tell whether yours had an 8' bed or not. I stand corrected. On the other hand mine doesn't get that bad of gas mileage all things considering (unless I romp on it). Of course what do you expect with an old V8 cast iron (not one of these newer type aluminum) block engines?

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I used to drive a '79 K-5 blazer. The $140 i used to spend a week in fuel, (At $1.40 a gallon prices), makes my payment on this truck and puts a little in my pocket... ;)

I couldn't afford not to upgrade to the Diesel. Well, that was then but I'm still in a better boat than that 3-4 MPG Monster

9. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

98 Chev. Z-71 Ext. cab. 4x4 Silverado w/212K, 04 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 Quad cab SLT.

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Mine will, 1989 F350 4x4 Crew Cab( Bigger cab than the new ones too)
    Freaking Bismark Battle Ship coming down the mnt!

11. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

My truck hauls tools, my trailer hauls sheet rock or ply or gravel.

I bought it for a specific purpose, It gets kind of hard to park a truck that has an extended cab AND an 8 foot bed around here.

It also averages about 16 miles to the gallon (a little better if I can quite kicking it all the time)

12. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Guess this is the proper thread for posting pics of rigs. [winkthumb]

There is no way I could afford to commute in my K5 Blazers having to travel 60 miles round trip.
    front side. mud2008_0216(003).JPG mud2008_0216(005).JPG

13. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Back when it had stock tires.
    Ram 2-copy (Medium).

14. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

One like the above....now I am buying foreign since I have to spend $1,300 to fix shit on this ****ing dodge truck that never should have failed. Let the American Auto Companies rot.....I am sick and tired of buying their shitty cars out of "sympathy".

15. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

M1009 CUCV Blazer

16. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel sticking out the front of his pants.
    Bartender asks him, "What's up with the ships wheel in your pants?"

"Arrrgggh, It's driving me nuts"

17. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[fnny][LMAO]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7