So, ya wanna make some "extra" money?

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by dragonfly, Feb 2, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I'd really like to see some one come up with fresh ideas, and money that WE the People can use, just between each other...can't be taxed!
    Think of it..."blackmarket bucks"!
    Great to collect and trade, use for buying food, from farmers, chickens, beef, etc....
    I like this already!

3. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Isn't that pretty much what norfed did with PM's?

4. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

actually a good plan would be if you were in a small town, like jericho. Have community meetings/class about PM's so you educate your neighbors, then have a club and you'd all know who in your town has the PM's, so now SHTF situation or something, you'd be able to actually create a banking system with paper backed by the collective towns folks pm's.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Sounds like a great idea to me!

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That reminds me, what ever happened with Liberty Dollars? The ones that had started selling the coins from PMs and paper certificates backed by gold and silver for folks to use to replace FRNs. I know they had just produced a Ron Paul coin durring the campaigns and then the Feds came in and shut them down, took their presses, money/coins/certificates and PMs and were going to charge them with counterfiting because they were produceing REAL money and it was starting to cause a stir and compete with FRNs. I havent heard how it turned out though. hmmm. will have to do some web searching.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Oh yeah....I remember that now myself...
    That is weird!
    Now I'll be wondering what "if".....
    Maybe we can use "poker" chips from Lost Wages, Nevada?
    Gotta be something that can represent the people's interests, not the goobers!

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

9. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Man, what a nightmare!
    I read the wiki on it.....
    Seems someone is worried about the trend of printing a type of "exchange" or "barter" type of currency has the feds with their knickers in a twist!
    I wonder how long they intend to DRAG this out....?
    sucks!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7