So you believe that Drugs Usage is a Victimless Crime?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Mar 14, 2016.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I knew only one Meth Head that had a good paying job, but in a year all was gone.

2. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I was unaware selling meth was a good paying job. We had a logging company owner get hooked and burned through a 3mil company's assets in a couple years.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Nah, the guy was well employed and respected at my place, until he got hooked then the downward spiral.

4. saltbush

saltbush Monkey

Well, being new here, I'm not going to start out trying to argue with resident hotheads, so I'll pick on the article itself. My problem with adding 'drug related' to reports of a crime is that it's too often used as a mitigating factor, particularly for defense lawyers. I've seen it done in the courtroom more than once. It takes away from the real issue here: cattle rustling! That one's been going on a very very long time in American history and world history and none of it was to support a drug habit. Does anyone here know any drug addicts who'd be out on a horse driving cattle? It's too much work for that ilk. "I was addicted to (fill in the blank) and couldn't help myself, Your Honor!" The hell you couldn't! There is no drug, no brand of booze, even a hypnotist that can force you to do anything completely against your own set of values. 'Substances' are not living entities that take demonic possession of people - there's another excuse: "the devil made me do it!". Anything you ever did 'under the influence' was already in you to do. Nothing can come out of you that wasn't already there; the substance merely loosens your inhibitions a bit. No excuses. Period. Get a rope.

Byte and BTPost like this.
  5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Only one?

6. saltbush

saltbush Monkey

:LOL: As many as it takes.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7