sociologist has uploaded a video (you been doing this wrong then?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Apr 5, 2019.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I do not agree with this... posting it for a more in depth understanding of cultural...

differences... ?

although no doubt someone will scream bashing... SOOO.... before anyone start... please explain...

I ask how is it bashing to quote them with their own words and video's?

Lest anyone think Islam is a “cruel religion,” a Qatari sociologist has uploaded a video to an Arabic YouTube channel in which he demonstrates the proper “Islamic” way to beat one’s wife.

Read more at See Muslim demonstrate proper way to beat wife - WND - WND

Seepalaces likes this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Bullspit,,,,,

oldawg and Seepalaces like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Any man, who lays a hand on a woman, is No Man....

mysterymet, SB21, OldDude49 and 3 others like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

BTPost, BINGO(y)

SB21 likes this.
  5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

This idiot needs a "proper" beating!

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think it is not so much about beating a woman but beating anyone/anything that is weaker/smaller than you, a child, a man, even a dog (I literally hate/despise a person that is cruel to an animal). Having said that, there are times/reasons when one must hit, even beat, a smaller individual than oneself which includes a woman or child or even a dog and those time/reasons are to protect oneself. I had an old girlfriend get so mad at me once that she cold cocked me with a can of chili, almost knocked me unconscious. I didn't beat her but I did smack her as I fell to my knees. Right or wrong, I have no guilt feeling about that whatsoever. Another time that comes to mind was overseas when I was swarmed by a bunch of gypsy children and a little bugger of about 8-9 years old tried to get into my coat pocket, tried to pick-pocket me, and I gave him a slap on the ear, got him crying and all of them running away from me. Their mother (or whatever she was) was there and started screaming at me and I told her to shut up and keep her begging brats off me or next time I would slap her instead. No guilt feelings about that time either.

I think the REAL problem is Islam condones punishing one's wife by hitting her which can be taken out of context - meaning - literally beating her. To me it shows once again that the religion needs to be modernized and brought into the 21st century like other religions. Most all other religions have advanced through the ages but not this one and it is long overdue.

oldman11 and SB21 like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I wonder if that's not why they must keep their face covered ?

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Full disclosure....my stance with regards to the existence of a god...any god, or gods (or any other supernatural entities for that matter) is as an agnostic atheist, my world view is influenced by secular humanism, among other philosophical influences. I hold that many aspects of each of the Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are absurd, and that many of their respective theological truth claims lack rational evidential support. Each of the religions, and their adherents represent a broad spectrum of ideological dogma...some of it beneficial, some of it benign, and much of it baneful, to human flourishing. I have no particular affection or reverence for Islam, any more than I have for Christianity or Judaism...though I do recognise that some flavours of each of these religions are generally relatively less pernicious and harmful than each of their orthodox / fundamentalist cousins.

How cute, posting this article / video clip for a so called, understanding of cultural differences....differences between which cultures I wonder?...(rhetorical question)

There does not seem to be all that much difference between some interpretations of 'Islamic' domestic discipline, and some interpretations of 'Christian' domestic discipline, and if the "MEMRI" video is anything to go by....the exposition portrayed by the 'sociologist' is a lot milder than some expositions of 'Christian Domestic Discipline' recommended practices....in fact, the ideological basis of the Islamic, Judaic and Christian textual justifications of 'Domestic Disciplining of wives, (concubines) and children' seem frighteningly similar, rather than different by comparison....patriarchy and male hegemony, and the subordination of women in Islamic, Judaic and Christian cultures being central to practices that are designed to control women. Comparing some Islamic textual justifications for wife beating, and some Christian textual justifications for wife beating might have actually been interesting.

Well, actually, the words attributed in the subtitling of the YouTube clip to this "sociologist" have been translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute, a non profit based in America established the organisation has a particular mission, and I don't think that casting Islam and Muslims in a positive light is part of their shtick, any more than Wingnut News Daily is exactly a balanced, unbiased, reliable source of news. (On a side note....Wingnut News Daily has fallen on desperate and hard financial times...it is hardly surprising that it features a 'news' article such as this. Worldnetdaily on the Verge of Collapse

I did look at this clip, however, my Bravo Sierra detector noted the following....

1. Mr Abd Al-Aziz Al-Khazraj Al-Ansari only seems to exist as a bobble head actor in MEMRI youtube clips and articles...he seems to have no existence on the internet independent of MEMRI, (other than largely right wing / conservative websites that have simply downloaded the MEMRI video in-toto, with their additional spin added to MEMRE's.) As a remarkably vocal individual, on MEMRI, it is surprising that Abd Al-Aziz Al-Khazraj Al-Ansari seemingly has NO presence outside of MEMRI's stock collection antisemitic bobble-head Arab boofheads.

2. MEMRI claims that the 'sociologist'
    on the 29 Mar 2019. No such website seems to exist...although there is an Indonesian website with a similar name called
    Al-Mujtama, it doesn't feature the clip shown in MEMRI, and what videos are shown on that channel, feature Indonesian Muslims...nary an Arab clip to be seen, only local Indonesian content.

3. I suspect that the video, copy and pasted by by om11 is simply part of a
    psyops campaign by MEMRI to discredit Muslims and Islam....and, it seems to be working, judging by responses here and elsewhere on the internet. It is as like that the alleged 'sociologist' in the video clip is just a an actor, role playing the Arab equivalent of Dorothy Dix. upload_2019-4-7_21-1-30. Dorothy Dix - Wikipedia

For a further critique of MEMRI....Selective Memri

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7