SOG Kiku Folder

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Sgt Nambu, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

i recently obtained a SOG Kiku folding knife, did a search here and no mention so here goes!
    Firstly, I love all knives and blades, but I really love this one!
    It’s not a pen knife, with its 4.6” blade! No main spring, it’s a flipper and it operates smooth as silk. The harder it flips the more tenacious the liner look engages! I sit in front of the TV and my iPad and practice flipping it open as gently as possible. Green micarta scales have a great grip and it’s beautifully balanced! It’s length makes it bit illegal in the jurisdiction where I live, OK it’s a lot illegal here, so I won’t pack it that often in town. That’s OK I’ll carry it in the woods or in the truck on trips.
    FB23527B-EAEF-4426-9BD7-28E63622361A. A691B488-554D-4921-92DC-B15528A8DF06.

Brokor, 3M-TA3, Dunerunner and 5 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

One thing i can add for the good Sarg, that is one very light weight knife, i was very impressed when you showed it off a few weeks ago, as were most every one else there, i am willing to bet a few are going to purchase one of their own soon. Thanks for the review, i can vouch for that knives awesomeness!

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Sgt Nambu very nice knife. What model is it and where did you get it? I googled it and pulled up quite a few different models. Nice to see we have two members giving these knives a thumbs up.

4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Light hilt, heavy blade! ;)

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Motomom, as far as I know it’s just the SOG Kiku large folder!

Motomom34 and Dunerunner like this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Oops! Sorry Motomom! I got it on Amazon.

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Motomom34, i got to see and handle that knife and in can say it would be an awesome blade for your son!

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

He got an expensive Spyderco. But it could be a really good blade for me. ;)

Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I think it would be a great blade for anybody!!! Don't even think about it, take the good word of Sarg, 3M and my self and get One! :D we wouldn't steer you wrong(y)

Sgt Nambu, 3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

eBay seems to have the best prices on these, but I'm a bit leery about the $65 OBO ones.

Great knife! I might have to violate my cheap knife rule.

Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I've always liked SOG folders because they have the deepest setting and most secure pocket clips ever made. I rarely find another folder with a top set pocket clip, and none have the clip durability of SOG. To this day I still keep the SOG aegis mini and the Trident in my carry rotation.

s02-copy.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Matei
  6. Matei
  7. norseman
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: norseman, Mar 8, 2021, 3 replies, in forum: Blades
  8. Ganado