solar minimum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Big Ron, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Gotta have global warming before you have an ice-age.

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

huh? :unsure:

3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The book - The Weather Conspiracy (1977) (oOld on Amazon) it is a real book, if now fully discredited.

Some cogent contents:
    I ran across a copy of this a few years ago at a used book store.It's a great example of how little the "experts" really know about the climate.One of the scientists(the director no less!)quoted was from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia,the exact same people now trying to sell us all the global warming BS !

n the 1970's the top scientists in the world got together, and decided that the world was cooling. Yes, Global Cooling is REAL! In fact, as time goes on, the world will keep getting colder and colder. It's all true because the top scientists in the world say its true. The CIA gets involved and agrees. Basically we are all screwed! This is the best book to buy any of your friends who tell you that we are experiencing global warming.

In paralleled terror /hokum tales, Nuclear Winter was getting some big play. The villain? Particulate pollution - soot from coal fired plants.

That might have played out for the Global Control types, but as the power plants were cleaned up, visual particulate pollution all but disappeared (except in China, of course)

A new boogyman had to be invented - and so CO2 and AGW became the new reason for a Global Government that would control every aspect your existence.

Now, something interesting has arrived - .the Super Grand Solar Minimum

Professor Valentina Zharkova gave a presentation of her Climate and the Solar Magnetic Field hypothesis at the Global Warming Policy Foundation in October, 2018.

Zharkova models solar sunspot and magnetic activity. Her models have run at a 93% accuracy and her findings suggest a Super Grand Solar Minimum could begin in 2020.

A Super Grand Solar Minimum would have four magnetic fields out of phase. There was about 40-60 years of cold weather 350 years ago. This was a Maunder Minimum of lower solar activity. The historical cold weather had two magnetic fields out of phase.

Zharkova is predicting a cooling effect that is 2.5 to 4 times larger than the Maunder minimum. Zharkova’s analysis shows an 8 watts per square meter decrease in TSI (Total Solar Irradiance). A 2015 Nature study looked at 2 watts per square meter decrease causing a 0.13-degree celsius effect. A four times larger effect would be 0.5-degree celsius.

AND

Numerous studies have identified links between past climate and solar variability. During the Maunder Minimum (1645-1715), very few sunspots were seen despite regular observations. If the past relationships between TSI and ultraviolet irradiance and sunspots are the same as are observed for modern solar variability, then a decline in both TSI and ultraviolet for this period can be assumed. The Maunder Minimum coincided with more severe winters in the UK and continental Europe and many reconstructions suggest atmospheric conditions were broadly comparable with the regional effects on European atmospheric circulation found here. Some modeling studies also support the idea that similar regional cooling and circulation changes occurred during this period

Why is this women credible for me?

Past accuracy without altering the data input like some 'scientists' have repeatedly done. [Even after altering data the AGW 'models' still don't really work. To me - proof of fraud]

Has legit credentials Msc in Math, PhD is Astrophysics

That I know of - hasn't accepted any of the tainted - get payed for playing along 'grant' sources

Most important -- Her work looks at a human-independent 'cause' of the issue at hand. IOW - no matter what we do or don't do, her prediction stands. I don't see any way she can profit from this....unless it is to stick it to the AGW crowd.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    oil pan 4, DuxDawg, T. Riley and 2 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah the global warming belivers still insist the sun has no effect on earths climate.

3cyl, DuxDawg, T. Riley and 2 others like this.
  5. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Hillbilly549, DuxDawg and oldman11 like this.
  6. DKR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    mean Valdai temps

[​IMG]
    mean Valsai rainfall
    (https://www.geobabble.org/~hnw/valdai/) This is the Maximum ice

[​IMG]

You're good. I'll need to move back to SoAz

DuxDawg and oldman11 like this.
  7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I used my burning barrel today to save the planet.
    [GR]
    [reddevil]

Hillbilly549, DuxDawg, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

history says there have been times when the earth has been much hotter then it is now... so?

9. Zimmy

And colder.

Oxygen levels have varied from 16%-24% as well according to polar ice core samples. 16% oxygen would be much more hot a hell than a creeping glacier, rising oceans, or stronger hurricanes in my neck of the woods.

DuxDawg and Brokor like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

24% oxygen?
    That could be interesting.

11. Zimmy

Wildfires would be hell, that's for sure

SB21 and Brokor like this.
  12. DKR

On the news

140 sea turtles found dead off of Cape Cod ...frozen to death. Sea water so cold it was slushy. Global warming was blamed...

Zimmy and SB21 like this.
  13. Swedish woman

Swedish woman Monkey

I can say from our location , and don't not of this effects are trough the solar minimum or trouch the walking off the magnetic north pole, but here the warm weather in the summer getting shorter , our place is now 3 months free of tempratures below zero, when we came here this was 4 months, snowing is from mid september till mid may, and it's getting colder every year in the past summers are +15c ( when we start living here ) now days the temprature come to +8c and winters getting colder in the past some -35c below now days we have -45c ( some times it peaks till -50c, Snow when we came here we have some 1,3 meters of snow, now we have some 2 meters of snow, when this weather holds on in a vieuw years we have no summer anymore, 12 months a year freezing tempratures, and not snow free anymore. And since we here live we had never had rain but only snow or hail.

Quote Reply
    Report Edit Delete

Zimmy, arleigh, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

ohnoThat means that we only have 10-12 years...maybe AOC was right and wrong at the same time.

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Brokor like this.
  15. Swedish woman

Swedish woman Monkey

here we have today -17c and one of the last serious snow storms before summer comes, 50 cm fresh snow now.
    My husband and i have visit one of the animal shelters,

[​IMG]

Brokor and oldman11 like this.
  16. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

This year we had more snow and earlier in the year then we had in a while. It rained really good and the runoff filled the local lakes up. I check out a channel on youtube, Adapt 2030. Some good info about the weather all over the planet and in space.

17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Eyes open, no fear.

Ganado likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. stg58
  3. natshare
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Motomom34
  8. Gator 45/70