Solstice Party and Lunar Eclipse Watching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Dec 18, 2010.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Are Ya'll gearing up for Monday Nights Solstice Party and Lunar Eclipse Event? There hasn't been a Solstice & Lunar Eclipse Event, together since the 1550's. We are hosting ours for the Close Neighbors. (close = 10 Sq Miles) The Lunar Eclipse is on, for total, at 11Pm local, (Alaska Standard Time) here. We usually head up to Neva Lake and have a snowmobile and 4 Wheeler rig tow around folks on inner-tubes, but the Lake Ice isn't thick enough, yet, this winter, so we are going to have it here at the cabin and do our ice slide skiing down here on the flats. Hot chocolate, Goowy Buns & HotDawgs for everyone, plus BYOB if you got. We are expecting clear and cool, Monday night, as Mr. Wx says Lows in the low teens, and clear skies..... Ya'll are invited, if you can afford the AirFare to get here... If not, have your own, and enjoy...

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Crap keep forgetting this isn't Facebook and I can't click LIKE. Sounds like you've got a nice party planned, hope the weather is decent for you!

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

4. snowbyrd

snowbyrd Latet anguis in herba

took the wind out of my sail. Been calling alot of people about this. Gotta be good if the weather is good. My 'cuz in Pittsburg clued me in. Told the 'bro in WA and 'sis in AZ, we will all be watching for sure. TNX for the 'heads up' [applaud]

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. GMT -5 here, GMT -10 there, > O dark sometime too early for me.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I will definitely be awake.

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

But we do have a 'Like' button. Feel free to use it!
    fblike.

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

9. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I don't remember what state I was in (other than the state of confusion), but it was cloudy so I didn't get to see it. :cry:

BWM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7