1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Some buscrafty things i did yesterday.

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by sticks65, Apr 16, 2010.

1. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

Im forver losing button compasses so i made this today,makes them a lot easier to handle and find if you drop them but still keeps them small.

Curly birch from Finland

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here's one i made from English walnut three years ago,its attached to the strap of my backpack.
    [​IMG]

...................................................................................................

I made a pine pitch glue stick.
    [​IMG]

....................................................................................................

Re- waxed my Swedish backpack with home made Greenland wax.
    [​IMG]

Greenland wax.
    [​IMG]

....................................................................................................

Went for a walk and stocked up on some birch bark for fire lighting.
    [​IMG]

Burned a pattern into my spoon knife.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...................................................................................................

I also put a belt kit together.
    Ive added a flashlight,wound dressing,,puri tabs,lip solve and a mini sharpening stone to the kit since this photo was taken
    [​IMG]

And last of all got this railroad track from a friend to use as an anvil for my Smithing projects.
    Its the big piece of track.
    [​IMG]

modernwoodsman likes this.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

What's this? Looks like a chain saw of some sort but I don't recognize the link.
    chain.JPG

3. sticks65

sticks65 Monkey++

It a wire saw,best used with a lop of para coed on each end,you put your wrist through the para cord loops and use them as handles,make life a lot easier.

Also good for garroting bad people LOL[winkthumb]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7