some good reasons to not put stickers on your vehicle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Oct 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

My only exception would be my Fraternity letters. People need to know that if they mess with me they get the whole family. K A P P A D E L T A R H O R H O KAPPA DELTA RHO!

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I had to re-read this because I have a brand new NRA sticker and would really like to show my support. I will admit that I have never spotted an NRA sticker displayed in the hug & go zone. Sometimes it is real hard to be a silent supporter of what you believe in.

CATO likes this.
  3. helmetmike

helmetmike Monkey+

OPSEC, Stealth, Low Observable, Grey Man, CCW, prepper, all equate to not being a sheep. Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.

Dawg23 likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If you wish peace, plan for war. And the inverse" If you plan for peace, you will have war." good fences make good neighbors. Speak softly but carry a big stick. All of these relate to strength held in reserve. Not advertised, but not hidden. Obviously defensive. Cover your 6.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  5. tbf8170

tbf8170 Monkey+++

This topic is an eye opener! I had my bride of many years read it and the reaction was priceless. Good job!

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And what would consist of a Redneck ''bait'' truck/car ?

You know we are not dealing with the sharpest tool in the shed here.

7. bebop

bebop My Maggie

i have a decal on my back glass .....tell me what it would mean to the average joe? this it it........ 1*

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

erm, you have a donkey that does 1 trick?

bebop likes this.
  9. bebop

bebop My Maggie

lol, thats a good guess but no. to me it means.... 1 ass to risk!. i doubt the average joe would guess the meaning.

10. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

no bebop the average joe wouldn't get it but le and military would. Take the disgruntled vet or policeman d that sticker could you target....

CATO likes this.
  11. Mechwolf

Mechwolf Monkey+

could make you a target. sorry couldn't edit the above post on my kindle.

12. Sierra

Sierra Monkey

Interesting post. I had always kind of wondered why some people advertise so much on cars. My new car is devoid of stickers, but I admit my old car still has a few funny stickers. Still, I am sure information could be gleaned. I did skip anything political, however.

13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

3M-TA3, tbf8170 and CATO like this.
  14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The NRA sticker is still on my car but I quickly scraped the Trump sticker off my car after a crazy person scared me.

GOG likes this.
  15. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

I've only got one sticker, but my hitch cover says allot!

sniper_patch_classic_round_sticker-sniper.

Claymore-Hitch.

3M-TA3, tbf8170, GOG and 1 other person like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Miss information and disinformation.
    The guy that suddenly walk up to my wife's VW new beetle from behind concealment when I was getting cash out of the ATM one evening sure wasn't expecting to have a sig pointed at his face.

Pax Mentis, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I have an Extremely Deplorable, a First Cav patch, a CIB, Aircrew Wings and F*CK CANCER on mine...but I live in a pretty conservative community. I get more trouble from my Seattle Seahawks windshield in a land of 49er fans.
    [YD]

Yard Dart, BTPost and GOG like this.
  18. Unique

Unique Monkey

Usually when I see this topic it's directly related to concealed carry and how not to obviously look like you're carrying a gun. I've watched random people give me the once over when I wore my NRA hat shopping at Walmart or to church.

When I'm out I observe the people around me and when I see a "tell" (Glock hat, Kimber logo on the shirt, Rigger belt, 5.11 pants) I look a little closer and I almost always "see" a gun. I'm certain I'm not the only person who does that. Someone in a similar thread on another forum said dressing like that sends a soft "quack" and I don't want to quack at people.

This applies to more than just guns though. My coworkers don't know where I live, they don't know the details of my off time, in fact if I can get through a shift without starting a non work related conversation I'm good with that.

As for my neighbors, I live in an apartment complex. People come and go all the time and I know nothing about them. I don't know who's a tweaker or has friends who are tweakers. We had a neighbor who moved into an apartment a "friend" of my wife's used to live in who came back later and told my wife that for the first 90 days she lived there she had people knocking on her door trying to buy at all hours. She finally put a sign on her door that said "KAT DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE".

So around the house we don't advertise. No NRA stickers, no gun related clothing, no open carry because why make my home a target for burglary?

I take it a step further in that try not to wear clothes with logos of any kind. The older I get the more I find that I’d rather not invite random strangers into my world. And I’ve also been around long enough to figure out that one of the best ways to invite people in to my world is to have a shirt or a hat or a sticker on my car with a logo on it that they disagree with. Maybe no one ever will burglarize my home because I have an NRA bumper sticker on my car but I wouldn’t put it past someone to slash all 4 of my tires in a parking lot because of it.

tbf8170 and chelloveck like this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I wear hippy yuppy shirts that say crap like VW or "California".
    No one expects a guy wearing a VW shit driving a bug to be packing heat.
    Now I just need some Burnie and hillery magnetic bumper stickers.
    The thought of an "I'm with her" bumper sticker on my car is just about enough to make me throw up a little.

20. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

I don't wear anything on my clothes
    I don't even have the dealers sticker
    on my truck
    I wear a STIHL cap and western boots
    That is about all anyone has to go on...

1. Brokor
  2. DKR
  3. Illini Warrior
  4. Witch Doctor 01
  5. duane
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. Yard Dart
  8. ghrit
  9. 10brokenpromises
  10. tulianr
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7