Some Mountain Monkey Blades :0)

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bear, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

See @kellory ... I told you so....

Ok @Hanzo I believe you... if you say you've seen "ninja fire trucks"... then they are for real! hmmm..... so ... um... er... what exactly are they for and who drives them?... and ah... well... (i know i am going to regret this next question)... does that mean ... um... that... ah... there are... you know... "ninja firemen"?????

Stay tuned folks... the plot and major thread drift thickens... duh duh duhnnnnnnn.... (cue the "Twilight Zone" theme) ;)

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

And how about them @Bear blades...

kellory and Bear like this.
  3. Bear

LOL @Hanzo ... I wanted to hear about the "Ninja Firemen" ;)

But now that you mention them.... You mean like these that went out yesterday? 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 Limited Editions...

@Mountainman teaser preview ;) sorry... couldn't resist...

Attached Files:

Mountainman, Yard Dart and Hanzo like this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Mouth just waters!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Bear and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

@Bear, you were the one that has the Ninja Fireman 2015 calendar. Thought you offered to show it to me at lunch, but I politely declined. [emoji33]

Bear likes this.
  6. HK_User

@Hanzo, with all due respect do not Ninja my blade. I still have friends at the Observatory and at Pearl. Just think how far down it is from the top of the old Submarine tower or how hot it can get at KMC.

Thank you for your help with Bear’s delivery’s in your stomping ground but, we’ll let the USPS finish Bear’s rounds to me.

It’s not that I don’t trust you. It’s just that I think my fine blade would test you beyond what the local ER could repair. Anyway you need your strength to keep eating like you do and to take care of your family.

Aloha
    Bill

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    Hanzo likes this.
  7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Teasers are always welcome. They look excellent!!! Can't wait to receive the package.

Bear and HK_User like this.
  8. Bear

Here is the last of Limited Edition thick blades this year... and for a long while...

This Monkey likes stainless... so it's all stainless fittings... down to the turned rivets and bolts on the sheaths... each of the 36 stainless cutler rivets was chucked and turned and trimmed to fit the sheath... and each of the 5 stainless chicago screws were also chucked ground so no slot and smooth and fitted with gflex epoxy for a super secure belt loop

the rivets on the sheaths have smaller heads so there are 36 of them instead of the normal around 20 copper... and the bolts on the belt loop are oversize but still have 5... looks like the rivets on old tank, battle ship or bomber imho... lol...

Koa is a special blond flame koa to go with the silver stainless... black white black triple liners to accent the whole package... user grade, fugly, bombproof tool... hopefully it won't stay pretty long ;)

Enjoy @HK_User ... thanks for letting me share it... and no worries @Hanzo hasn't seen this one... yet... ;)

Attached Files:

9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Purdy!

Bear and HK_User like this.
  10. HK_User

Purdy for sure and useful too.

I am honered by Bear's skills.

Nothing more I can say.

Just thanks, Bear.

Aloha
    HK_User

Mountainman and Bear like this.
  11. HK_User

Aloha Bear and Merry Christmas

Thanks for the parts list and the listed work required to complete this build.

I have pulled this down and pasted it into a Word document as a way to prove the provenance, so that later my family can have a clue of what it took to assembly this fine Bear Blade.

"Bravo Zulu"

Thanks

HK

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Thought I would share my parang too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419642145.196139.

13. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Got a Bear package today, YES!!! The Silverback Blades for my wife and I arrived, guess I better not piss her off now. :mad:

Great craftsmanship all around and a very heavy duty blade. The wood on the handles looks great and I like the fact that they have a thick handle to control the heavy blade.

Great work Bear and thank you for the opportunity to own these fine blades.

14. HK_User

I sure picked a bad day to clean the computer! Mail man came an I had to fix the electronic beast I started on.

Package came in and the set of blade and sheath are excellent.

First time in my life that a sheath is put together with STAINLESS Steel, great Job Bear and a set to use and abuse and still have for the next generations.

As y'all can see the computer is up and running so tomorrow I can give the new tools a work out. Light weight blades are fine for fast growing woody plants such as Bananas or green Cane or even Bamboo but for tough slow growing dense wood you really need some meat to the blade. Meat a plenty with this new Bear blade and a sharp point for pesky mammals or reptiles.

Thanks to Bear a day to remember.

15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I met this older Filipina years ago. She would tell me stories about when she and her husband worked in the Filipino intelligence service. I actually forgot what she called it.

Apparent, they, or at least she can get pretty hot blooded. Once they had an argument and she threw a knife at him. Not a @Bear thrower, but a knife nonetheless. Got him right in the forehead. Lucky for him, she was skilled enough to nail him handle first.

A happy wife is a happy life, or you're a dead man...

Yard Dart and Mountainman like this.
  16. Bear

Thanks for letting me know they arrived @Mountainman ....

Yup... I've never actually seen what a woman scorned can do with a good sized "Bear Blades" in each hand and hope I never do .... if that ever happens... you better sleep with one eye open for a few months, always keep her in front of you and always sit at the table with your back to the wall.... probably a good idea to put a dead bolt on the bathroom door as well ;)

Glad you like them and the the handles work for you and the wife... always a bit worried about those things... happy you got the last of these....

Thanks again...

God Bless and Take Care,

Bear

Mountainman likes this.
  17. Bear

Glad the package arrived safely @HK_User ....

Hope you like that sheath... probably the first and only one I'll ever do like that... not the prettiest puppy on the block ... but you know it won't come apart unless it get's consumed in a fire... yup... that's about it ;)

Yeah... it's the tough version... should be easy to sharpen or put your favorite edge on ... and will hold a good edge... full flat is not for everyone or for all applications...

Be sure to post a pic of any pesky mammals or reptiles that get to sharp pointy end of it...

Oh and let us know if you're the type to name your tools... I've got a favorite blade I call "Sammy"... short for Samson ;) not afraid of anything...

Thanks again,

God Bless and Take Care,

Bear

kellory and Hanzo like this.
  18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Let's see "Sammy!" @Bear

Bear likes this.
  19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Look forward to your review @HK_User.

20. Bear

I'll take a pic tomorrow if I remember ;)

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7