Some Mountain Monkey Blades :0)

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bear, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

LOL, I have a double whammy going on here. My wife is Filipina and Chinese. [js] Will be taking Bear's security advice.

2. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Ummmmmmmmmmm @Mountainman ..... you're doomed if you ever piss her off.... I was going to suggest dulling her blades if you ever upset her but she probably also knows how to put a razor edge on those blades.... better add some chainmail boxer shorts to the list as well ;)

3. Mountainman

Now that is funny.....or is it??? Will have to talk with Kell about making my chainmail shorts.

HK_User, kellory, Hanzo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Just remember that chain mail can be pierced...

HK_User likes this.
  5. Mountainman

Ooouuuch!!!

Hanzo likes this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

ask for "kings mail" or "dragon mail"... a little heavier but a better protection... .... might still chafe a bit tho....

Mountainman and kellory like this.
  7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Think OUTER WEAR Mountainman

Mountainman and kellory like this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Might be best to just not piss her off ;)

Mountainman likes this.
  9. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Finally got out and used this today for the first time. We were going through the area around a couple of retaining ponds to get some of the rose quartz that's common in the area for outlining a section of the back yard. We also were looking for "volunteer" saplings that we could cut down and use to build some pea/bean towers.

Worked like a champ. A couple of times I didn't have enough room to get a full swing going to cut through about 3/4-1in at the base but the majority of the time it went right through. Anything lighter/softer/thinner and it would have gone through without an issue. It was great to use it and worked like a champ.

Thank you again @Bear for the craftsmanship of this beautiful, functional tool.

Bear, Sapper John and Mountainman like this.
  10. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks for the great report @DarkLight

Glad it got some use and worked for you... always happy to hear how the "orphans" are doing ;)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7