Some Mountain Monkey Blades :0)

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Bear, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Easy Tracy, I'm the president of the Bear fan club...biglaff

Bear likes this.
  2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:lol:

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

jeeze and I was hoping for the autographed picture and secret Iron Monkey decoder ring....;)

Bear, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  4. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Maybe you can, if you play your cards right...

BTPost, kellory and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks @Hanzo so you picked up on the shaving sharp thingy huh :0) feels more like a stubbly legged Bear now...
    Yup... Omakase sounds good...
    Thanks for all the kind comments...
    Working on your bamboo handled one now :0)
    Bear

kellory and Hanzo like this.
  6. Bear

Thanks @kellory for participating... really put me in the Holiday spirit :0)
    Everyone got the long brown handled tools....
    And yes... I marked all the sheaths and the blades for the winners...
    Hope you like them.
    Bear

kellory and Brokor like this.
  7. Bear

Shucks Ma'm... twernt really nuthun....
    Thanks for the kind words @Tracy .... wouldn't be doing it .. it if weren't for all the special Monkeys here :0)

Happy Holidays!

Bear

Tracy likes this.
  8. Bear

Ok... All the "Santa Iron Monkey Bear" packages went out this morning !

Make sure you remember to do something nice for someone and give that unexpected hug ! :0)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Monkeys...

Lots to be "Thankful" for ...

Bear

Quigley_Sharps, kellory and Hanzo like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Just let me know when you have time. Omakase on me.

10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I gotta say I've had a run of bad luck of late, until I opened the email and saw Bear's generosity, at that point things changed. The sun's even shinning today!

Thank You Bear it made my day and there is something in a USPS box headed your way.

Nice folks and a good Forum.

HK_User

Sapper John, Tracy, Bear and 2 others like this.
  11. Bear

Sorry to hear about the "bumpy road"...
    Glad it's smoothing out a bit and the sun is finally shining :0)

Funny how that works sometimes... small "random acts of kindness" ... even a smile, a hug or pat on the back... you never know how that can change someone's day or fortunes.... I really do believe in the "butterfly effect".... starts with this old monkey :0) .... and then hopefully moves on to the next.... hint hint :0)

Cool... I love surprises!

Yup... great folks and a super forum!...

Bear

Byte, Sapper John and Tracy like this.
  12. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Haven't been on in a bit. Grats to all the lucky winners and Bear you truly show the generosity a Christian should show to all !

Beautiful blades ! Is the rest of the current production run completed ?

Bear and Brokor like this.
  13. HK_User

Nice surprise yesterday! Blade was in the mailbox! Never mind that it was suppose to have a siggie, I guess with all the cars at the house the Mail Man figured we would find the mail in short order.

Nice work, all here were impressed and wondered who this BEAR was that lived in th Surf of OAHU.

Great work Bear, Mahalo.

HK_User

Bear likes this.
  14. Bear

Glad it arrived safely @HK_User ... a bit of an early Christmas! Hope you enjoy it ... make sure to treat that leather with your favorite leather treatment... I've used everything from @Brokor 's wax treatment to neatsfoot compound, mink oil to off the shelf leather treatments... heck.. in a pinch I've used lemon pledge :0) make sure you get some inside the sheath as well....

I left the back square sharp for folk who like to draw shave with it... so as a reminder be sure to take some sandpaper and round it a bit just in case you rather not have it that way.... leave a bit to strike your ferro rod :0)

Let me know how it works for you... good honest feedback only makes us better :0)

Have a great Saturday and thanks again for the kind words...

Merry Christmas!

Bear

Brokor likes this.
  15. HK_User

Bear,

I notice your USPS item I sent has not made it to you.

Let me know when it gets there as it is insured and tracking number is in working order.

HK

Bear likes this.
  16. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I arrived home tonight, to find a package waiting for me. Inside, I found a blade, that reminds me of a British Hanger. 1700-Hanger-06. (example only) thank you @Bear! I shall put it to hard use, as the well made tool it is.

Hanzo and Bear like this.
  17. Bear

Will do @HK_User .... must have got put on a slow turtle for the swim over... :0)
    Thanks again,
    Bear

18. Bear

Yikes... it surely wasn't as nice as that puppy there :0) beautiful blade ...

Please do... beat the "monkey poop" out of it and let me know how it does...

Thanks again for the kind words...

Bear

kellory likes this.
  19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I was referring to it's proportions, and curved blade.:rolleyes::D

20. Bear

DSCF3530.JPG DSCF3522.JPG DSCF3524.JPG DSCF3529.JPG DSCF3530.JPG DSCF3522.JPG DSCF3524.JPG DSCF3529.JPG DSCF3534.JPG Aloha Monkeys!

Here's the latest I'm finishing up... just need to final sharpen and buff the edges... and make sheaths if folks want them...

You've seen the short black micarta already but it makes a nice set :0)

Some very nice curly koa wood that I had from another project... Black liners, offset brass corby bolts and lanyard tube... come out pretty nice and has a very nice chatoyance ... especially in the sun... natural wood with 1000 grit finish and waxed for a natural feel... great balance... light and fast in the hand :0)

The other is already spoken for... ask @Hanzo :0) ... structural bamboo... nice pattern and a little lighter in weight than the koa... balance point like the curly koa is a bit in front of the scale... super fast in the hand... again ask @Hanzo as he got to fondle this one :0)... white liners, Stainless corby bolts and lanyard tube... I really like this one...

Hope you enjoy them... Let me know if anyone is interested... with or without the sheaths :0)

Have a great Saturday and Merry Christmas and God Bless,

Bear

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7