Recipe Some recipes I came up with

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by wrc223, Aug 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Keep them coming wrc223 ... I for one enjoy your posts !!!

2. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

A simple rice and soup dish:

Get a game bird of your choice, I like to use cornish game hens for this one.
    Take a raw bird and add on garlic pwder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Toss two cups of water in dutch oven and place birds in with one chopped onion and some chopped celery. Cook till the bird is about 1/2 hour from being done. Add in one can of cream of broccoli and one can of cream of celery soup. Add 5 tablespoons of crushed rosemary (if fresh then add only 3 tablespoons).
    Cook for another half hour to let soup reduce. In a seperate pot cook a couple cups of wild rice.
    When all is complete place a bed of wild rice on plate and put game hen on the side. Pour soup over bed of wild rice and garnish with some fresh leeks.

3. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Chicken fried Bison:

Take a nice bison steak and hammer that bad boy out with a tenderizer hammer.
    Take 1 cup of cold milk and 4 eggs mix together.
    In a seperate bowl add 2 cups of APF and 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs.
    To the dry stuff add in 1/4 cup of season salt, 4 tablespoons of black pepper, garlic powder to taste, 5 tablespoons of onion powder, and 3 tablespoons of crushed oregano.

Take the bison steak and sprinkle black pepper and sea salt on it (lightly). Toss some EVOO on the steak and rub into the meat. Dredge meat through dry matter first. Then drag through the eggs and milk mix. Then take it for a trip back through the dry stuff.

Take your cast iron and put oil, lard, grease, or whatever you like to fry with in there and get up to temp.

Just before you fry it up, take it through the egg wash and dry stuff one last time.

Fry till nice and crispy. Top with your favorite gravy. I prefer the peppercorn gravy but some like a good brown gravy.

You can substitute venison or even canadian goose with this recipe but I really enjoy it with bison.

4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

WRC, I'm starting to hate you! Here I am trying to NOT be Fat, & you waving such tempting foods in front of me :(

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Ah quit the whining and get cookin'. Bon Appetit

6. beast

beast backwoodsman

grandad always said the best exercise a man could learn and do was pushin away from the table :)

7. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

With the exception of a couple of the recipes, these are healthier for you than a lot of prepared or prepackaged foods.
    Since I went the wild game route I have lowered my total Cholesterol by 60 points. I think that has more to do with not eating prepared foods anymore (or at least not nearly as much) and eating leaner cuts of meat.

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Ganado
  7. Homunculi
  8. Bishop