Some Sick People out there...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRC, Nov 15, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

WHO would do this?

It's bad enough how we treat other humans....but at least we can try to defend ourselves.....
    This just makes me sad, and angry..

http://www.news4jax.com/news/10303358/detail.html

Manatee Found With Throat Slit, Dismembered

POSTED: 8:15 pm EST November 12, 2006

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Wildlife officials called the capture and mutilation of a manatee one of the worst cases of abuse inflicted on the endangered sea mammal in recent memory, and have asked the public's help to find the people responsible.

A boater reported the manatee corpse -- floating with its throat slit and its flippers cut off - in the waters of Biscayne National Park off Homestead.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission scheduled a necropsy Monday to determine what killed the gentle marine mammal. Wildlife officers believe it was killed late Thursday or early Friday.

"It's pretty disgraceful that a manatee was treated that way," said National Park Service officer Brian Fields said. "They're protected and to see that happening, it's really disturbing. This is the first time I've seen this with manatees."

Anyone with information is urged to contact the National Park Service.

State officials have proposed downgrading the manatee's status from endangered to threatened. An annual census found 3,116 manatees in Florida waters in February.

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I agree, that is sick!!! Why kill it just for the flippers?? Ugh, the person(s) responsible need their arms cut off THEN their throat slit!!

Ryan

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Wasn't Michael Moore was it?

I'd have to agree a more gentle harmless creature than a manatee doesn't exist...I am at times thoroughly disgusted with our species. Killing each other isn't enough.[troll][beat]
    ( in a "ranty" mood today, better go get more coffee and do something productive before i post something I regret later.)

4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Don't worry about it Tango. I'm sure everyone on this site sees more and more examples of poor genetic material that is parading around as humans. I thoroughly detest most people until I get to know them. It's just how I am. It used to be said that one bad apple couldn't spoil the whole bunch, though what I see is a few good apples in a rotten barrel.

My relief will come one day when all the bad is burned away and only the good is left to start over. It's what I would like to see happen, though I have to wait, then if it does happen, I may not be here to worry about it all anymore. Never know.

I am of the mind that this freak needs to be treated the same way as the manatee was treated, though keep him alive for repeat treatments. I hate cruelty to anything. Handicapped people, old people, children or animals are in a defenseless state for the most part and I guess it really takes a big person to mistreat them. There is no end to the horrors that can be inflicted on people who are cruel to anyone or anything weaker than them, I can imagine pretty well.

I can't wait until this moron gets what he deserves. A drowning death in a fishing net may be just around the corner for him. Never can tell what fate will come up with.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7