some thoughts and rants by Seacowboys...

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Jul 31, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I have a few simple suggestions that may at first seem a little extreme, but if you extend the logic and take into account the freedoms we have given up for the comfort of a federal security blanket for little things like public education and interstate highways, then they don’t seem that extreme to me.
    1. FDR has already set the precedent here with WPA. Let’s build the Great Wall of North America. The Chinese did it, why can’t we? Open up the arsenals to the population and let armed citizens guard it.
    2. Create a backed currency on a State level and just quit using the Federal Reserve dollar. Let the politicians that sold our dollar to foreign concerns without our consent see how long they last against the Iowa grain dollar or the Wisconsin Cheese dollar. Start charging the federal government rent on their damned highways that are occupying our land instead of the other way around.
    3. Stop the War on Drugs and instead of Drug-Free Zones have Free Drug Zones. That takes hundreds of thousands of armed troops out of the picture, reduces crime exponentially, lowers our insurance rates, makes the streets safer, and gives us a highly motivated work force for the low-level jobs that illegal aliens are now performing. If we feed the addicts instead of allowing them to steal our stuff to support their habits, put them to work constructing the great wall. I guarantee you a bunch of cranked heads will move more dirt with a shovel than the five highway employees you see watching one work, especially when they know there is a bump waiting at the end of the dirt pile. Ask them to register as a drug-addict to get free dope and surrender their rights as a citizen. Voluntary disarmament, more and better cardiac treatment facilities will help the rest of us as well. They can’t vote (most don’t anyway). They don’t pay taxes (most don’t anyway). They can’t own guns (they don’t need them anyway if they don’t have to rob liquor stores to buy their dope). They are limited to bicycles as transportation (why do they want to leave the dope-zone anyway?) This sounds a lot like slavery, but it is totally voluntary servitude, let them petition to get their rights back after they can prove to be free from substance abuse for a two year period. They are already slaves to the profiteers of the illegal drug cartel.
    4. Enact capitol punishment for crimes against the constitution perpetrated by elected government officials. It’s time we hold our government accountable for abusing their elected trust. Politicians like Bill Clinton, should not only have faced impeachment but should have been taken to the wall and shot.
    5. Offer protection to our allies only if they play by our rules. If they don’t want to play…cut them off at the knees. Build a wall around them.

Try this on for a moment and tell me what you think
    1. instead of housing and feeding criminals for long periods of time, why not whip them in public?
    2. Instead of jail, why not an injection of something that is really painful for a measured period of time? Jail doesn't seem to be much of a deterant, but maybe the thought of extreme unbearable pain is.
    3. The ones that can't be rehabilitated, kill them. No waiting around in jail for years, if we have to store them somewhere for appeals and such, knock them out and hook them to life-support or cryogenics and stack them like cord-wood. When the appeals are up, kill them.
    4. public stocks for minor offenders and do away with the laws against public urination.
    5. repeat offenders could be dyed a distinct color so they are visible to everyone at all times. Dyed persons could be given gainful employement to reimburse their victoms, like washing the urine from the area where the stocks are staged.
    I see a few problems here, but they can't be much worse than creating an industry to house, feed, cloth, guard, and entertain so many miscreants.

I guess Patrick Henry wouldn't have agreed with that, if he'd had access to this type media. That is my very point driven with a five-pound hammer....we have come to believe words are useless, hence our opinion and since liberty is only a state of mind, it isn't worth fighting for either. We'll gladly die for cheaper gasoline, however many flags are waving, but bringing a passionate belief into words for others to debate or even, heaven forbid..., support, unite, attempt to establish a common cause is played down for the so-called good of all. That is just the means that our country has been taken from us (we the people) by them (big brother). They have decided what is best for us all and censor, in fact, arrest and detain, those that have a different opinion. I respectfully disagree;getting people stirred up on the internet is precisely the most practical media for the common man

Harbin likes this.
  2. melbo

he'll see it next time he raises periscope. I invited him over too

3. BRONZ

BRONZ Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.

Benjamin Franklin.

I carry this qoute around in my wallet.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I couldn't agree more. Public hangings, whippings, and put the prayer back in school. I feel as though the "degredation" of our society began with taking God out of the classroom. Jail needs to be a deterrant, not a place to learn your craft. Sheriff Joe over in Arizona has this down right. Put them in tents, no ac. Make them do hard labor, and eat bologna sandwiches. The public should not have to spend one more cent on their sorry asses than is required. No more unlimited appeals at tax payer expense. Hang them out in the city square, and leave their bodies to rot on the rope as a reminder to all of their thug, hoodlum little dandy friends that this is the result for their behavior.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have worked in the Middle East for 14 years now and one good thing I can say about it is that they have some very effective crime deterrents.
    In Saudi Arabia they have public executions by beheading, every Friday in the Town Squares.Capitol crimes include, rape, and drug dealing.They cut your hand off if you are convicted of stealing 3 times.Talk about a 3 strike your out rule.
    If you are in town the police make everyone gather and witness the punishments.
    This type of no nonsense, public punishment, is very effective and sorely needed in the Western world.
    But on the other side of that coin some of thier laws and punishments are barbaric by our standards.Like stoning of women for adultery.Good or bad?After two divorces I am not the one to make that call.
    But I agree that our criminal system is seriously flawed. It needs to be much quicker and much more severe if it is to be a deterrent to criminals.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  7. melbo

i GUESS i'LL ADD 'DITTO' TO THE SMILIE COLLECTION. yOU CAN' ftp TO MY SERVER BUT i THINK YOU CAN ADD ONE YOURSELF VIA cp/SMILIES

sorry for the WaReZ tYpE font... hit cap lock

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  8. melbo

:lol:

9. melbo

oops, need that lol smilie

10. Quigley_Sharps

seems to not like bmps

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  11. melbo

I saw that too when I was trying to copy ARF animated.bmps... No go

I still can't get the ROFLMAO to work either. not sure. I did notice that all the WR avatars and smilies where copied from public areas. so we can use them.

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Most smilies are public domain so you shouldn't have a problem. You can find loads of them on 'free' icon sites.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Yeah man i gave them tons of them, i have pages and pages of them.

14. melbo

you can go into admin/smilies and add them. you'll figure it out.

15. Quigley_Sharps

yeah found it, will add some soon.

16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Up parascope

I'm still in the Dominican Republic working for the Venezuelan branch of ACBL on a salvage in San Pedro de Morcoris and we are about to be thourghly screwed by the venezeulans; might even be our next little diversionary war to provide even more restrictions on our freedoms. That damned fag rhodes scholar winner, Kristofferson, said it well: " Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose..."
    I am sitting in a five-star hotel in Playa Juan Dolio, eating ensalada marisco (shrimp, octopus, calamari, conch, dorado, and some peppers, tomatoes, and greens) before I leave to pick up a South African diver at the airport in Santo Domingo. This diver is replacing one that we sent home yesterday because of a family emergency. He is from our partner (Svitzer-Wijsmuller Salvage, Amsterdam) company's S.A. office. The Dutch are a real delight to work with. I pointed out to them yesterday that they bear a strong reselmblance to the nazi of WW ll. I honestly believe that if Jan were to recieve an email on company letterhead instructing him to line his guys up and shoot them, he would do so without question. And just like at Nuremburg, would say "I vas only following orders".
    That is the single difference between Americans and western europeans. They do not grasp the concept that we came here to get away from that crap and as such, our origins are in independance. They own our economy(the fed ). They think they can subjugate us completely and so far, have done a damned good job of it, but one day we will screw them right back. It's time to turn off the rest of the world's opinion and stand up.

17. Seacowboys

SHould not have got me started

Dear American Air Lines,
    I would like to take a moment to thank you for making this one of my more memorable weeks. I am Captain of the salvage ship, LANA ROSE and senior salvage master for Resolve Marine Group and as such, frequently have to fly on your airline to respond to a marine emergency.
    Presently we are engaged in several projects in the Bahamas, most notable of which is assisting Disney Productions marine department in filming “Pirates of the Caribbean ll and lll”. While on location Sunday, we damaged an engine on the ship and had to fly our port engineer into Freeport to address the issue and effect repairs. His flight was only delayed six hours and we only lost one day of production, no big deal to anyone except the production foreman that got fired: I will hardly notice the overtime I paid to my crew while we drifted around helpless waiting on his flight to arrive. I am sure this is an acceptable delay for a thirty-five minute flight. The parts that were in his luggage that you lost weren’t even missed until Tuesday, when the engine over-heated and cracked the engine block, but I wouldn’t let that bother you, a replacement engine won’t cost nearly as much as a house in Ft. Lauderdale, which I believe I may have mentioned is only a thirty-five minute flight from here on most airlines.
    We managed to negotiate the reef quite well on the one remaining engine, in-spite of the tropical storm that had began to make life interesting for those of us that were floundering around the outer edge of a coral reef praying that our anchor would hold until the storm blew by in a couple of days.
    I haven’t seen much of my wife these past several months so she decided to fly over for a few days on your airline; after all, it’s only thirty-five minutes from Ft. Lauderdale. Our schedule is quite busy, but she stays aboard the ship with me and makes herself quite useful. I managed to re-arrange my schedule to accommodate her 11:00A.M. arrival to insure I was at the airport to greet her, but unfortunately had to leave to attend a near sinking of my ship on a reef and I am happy to report the my wife managed to find a cab-driver that actually knew how to find someone that sort of knew where we were when she arrived in Freeport at midnight.
    I was scheduled to fly to Trinidad on one, actually two, of your planes on Thursday. I had arranged for one of our companies assistant project managers to fly in to oversee and coordinate with the Disney crews on Weds. Morning but his flight got delayed for eleven hours, and after a pleasant wait at the Freeport airport where I enjoyed several cups of Luke-warm $2.50 a cup instant coffee while trying to dry out after a one hour ride in an open RHIB (Rigid hulled inflatable boat) in a tropical storm, he finally arrived on his eleven hour and thirty-five minute flight and we drove back to the filming location in hopes of another exhilarating RHIB ride and some real coffee, if we managed to make it back aboard the LANA alive. Unfortunately, the storm had gotten worse and we drove back to Port Lucaya to try for a motel room but they were all booked in advance for the actors, producers, stuntmen, directors, etc. that were arriving the next morning to begin shooting the scenes that were scheduled if we had completed the staging that required our boat with both engines even in good weather. I can’t remember when I last experienced the joys of trying to sleep in a jeep Cherokee with a strange man that objected strongly to the aroma of my slightly wet Monte Cristo that was my only defense against the uninvited mosquitoes that somehow managed to find their way into the tight little vehicle every time I rolled the window down when he farted.
    I somehow managed to make my Thursday morning flight to Miami and connected to Port of Spain with only enough delay to insure the rental car agencies would all be closed when I arrived after missing the dinner at the Minister of Developments residence that I had been invited to attend prior to an early pre-bid conference and site inspection for the removal of ten ship wrecks from their harbor early Friday morning. I did actually make it to Port of Spain with time for a quick shower for my Friday morning meetings and I can’t begin to describe how much I appreciated the mid-night snack of mystery sandwich and cup-cake that you so thoughtfully provided to me and my fellow passengers during our slight delay on the tarmac; I know there must be a good reason why the air-conditioning doesn’t work on airplanes while they are sitting on the ground for half a day, otherwise you surely would have let us keep the door open to prevent the lady from fainting from carbon-dioxide poisoning? I would like to report that my luggage arrived on the same flight as I and except for the broken screen on my new laptop (the one I bought to replace the one stolen by your baggage handlers last month in Puerto Rico) and the severed VHF radio antennae that security shut the lid on the formerly water-tight Pelican case on, was otherwise intact and smelled nicely from the broken bottle of scope mouthwash.
    The pre-bid inspection went well and I managed to take pages of useful notes and hundreds of digital photographs that should prove invaluable in helping who-ever now has my luggage in obtaining the 7.5 million dollar project: I don’t want to give the impression that I am complaining so I should probably explain this better.
    I cleared security at Piarco around 05:00, in spite of the Leatherman mariner on my belt that I had over-looked. When the TSA agent asked what it was, I told her it was a leatherman tool and she just nodded and handed it back to me, before confiscating my Bic lighter. I can certainly understand the fear that terrorists prefer the threat of second-hand cigarette smoke as a choice weapon for hi-jacking aircraft. Even though I now had the means of disassembling your plane in my possession and even snipping of the fingers of anyone that tried to stop me from doing so with a variety of blades, scissors, saws, files, cork-screws, leather-punches, etc.; I decided to count my blessings and put it into brief case that I had bought in Trinidad, for my broken laptop, as my other suitcase was already checked aboard the plane. I never anticipated that upon entering the United States for a connecting foreign flight, that I would have to clear customs again and go through another security check-point, I didn’t have to do that when I left Freeport to Miami and on to Trinidad. I am sure that after fourteen years, it is well past time that I replaced that old tool that my wife gave me on our first anniversary anyway, as I was in a rush to make my connecting flight back to Freeport because the Film Company was threatening to halt production until after hurricane season. After surrendering my leatherman to officer Hardy, I was allowed to proceed with placing all my other paraphernalia in a basket and the was asked to remove my shoes, which I respectfully declined, mostly because I had been wearing the rain-soaked deck-shoes, sans socks for nearly three days without time for a shower and my feet smelled. When Officer Hardy became insistent, I called upon several other potential passengers to witness that I was refusing to disrobe and that Officer Hardy was welcome to ex-ray, sniff, inspect with a microscope, feel, heft, and metal detect to his hearts content as long as he descended to the level where my foot was attached to my leg but that I was through with disrobing to allow for illegal search and seizure of my toe-bombs. I admit it took a bit longer to assemble such a crack shoe inspection team on short notice than one should have expected, but they managed to do it in under an hour while I waited patiently in the little security booth and I didn’t even miss my connecting flight because fortunately it was delayed for five hours before you decided to cancel it. It was a stroke of genius, that allowed you to re-route me to Freeport via Nassau and the onto Freeport by an completely different airline: unfortunately, that flight was delayed until after the connecting airline departed, but one of you dedicated people managed to get me onto another flight chartered by teenagers from Chicago that arrived in Nassau almost an hour before the connecting flight to Freeport was scheduled to depart. This would have worked out fine, except that customs wouldn’t let me clear into the Bahamas without our shipping agent there (he had gotten tired of waiting in Freeport and gone home after ten hours of waiting around for me to arrive) but I was able to secure a three-day entry as a tourist, provided I could find my luggage and all I needed was the assistance of your professional luggage handling personnel. It was unfortunate that he was otherwise occupied by the fifty or so other passengers that had lost their luggage as well. Buy the time he expeditiously supplied me with a form to fill out to help locate the required luggage to obtain by three day Bahamian visitation (10:00 P.M.) the 8:00 P.M> connecting flight had already gone and the next one was 06:00 the next morning. After another hour of lively discussion between myself, a police officer, the baggage handler, his supervisor, and the customs officials in force, it was decided that rather than taking me to jail, they would give me a motel voucher and a mystery sandwich to tide me over until morning, at which time I could proceed to Freeport on another airline and my missing luggage would be there magically when I arrived. Unfortunately, my luggage hadn’t arrived when I finally got to Freeport, but I was assured it would be in some time this day. When I finally stopped by the airport in Freeport, after not getting an answer to several phone calls concerning my miss-placed luggage, I was informed that it was delivered to my motel in Nassau at 11:00 P.M. last night, but as I didn’t get to the motel myself until nearly midnight and in fact, didn’t even know I was going there until nearly midnight, I’m quite confident that someone’s watch is running slow. The lady that was on duty at the Motel until 3:00 in the morning didn’t know it was delivered, but somehow, it would magically be delivered to Freeport by 8:45 this evening on another airline and held for me. I was there when the last plane arrived and I am sure there is a good reason why my luggage wasn’t.
    In four days, the 7.5 million dollar bid will be awarded and if I plan to participate, I suppose I will have to return to Trinidad at my own expense and try to gather enough information to render an intelligent bid proposal or just not offer a bid and loose my job, boat, lively hood and opportunity to shoot Johnny Depp 100 feet into the air with our crane while his pirate ship explodes beneath him in October. Please do not confirm my reservations until you here from me; I am patiently watching the thermometer and when it reaches a sufficient temperature that I become confident that hell has perma-frost, I will confirm flight reservations with your airline.
    Respectfully,
    Seacowboys
    crime and punishment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try this on for a moment and tell me what you think
    1. instead of housing and feeding criminals for long periods of time, why not whip them in public?
    2. Instead of jail, why not an injection of something that is really painful for a measured period of time? Jail doesn't seem to be much of a deterant, but maybe the thought of extreme unbearable pain is.
    3. The ones that can't be rehabilitated, kill them. No waiting around in jail for years, if we have to store them somewhere for appeals and such, knock them out and hook them to life-support or cryogenics and stack them like cord-wood. When the appeals are up, kill them.
    4. public stocks for minor offenders and do away with the laws against public urination.
    5. repeat offenders could be dyed a distinct color so they are visible to everyone at all times. Dyed persons could be given gainful employement to reimburse their victoms, like washing the urine from the area where the stocks are staged.
    I see a few problems here, but they can't be much worse than creating an industry to house, feed, cloth, guard, and entertain so many miscreants.

TopGun Dogs of War

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to apologize to anyone that I may have offended with my outspoken attitudes about the encroachment of our government on our rights. If you feel safe and secure in the protective folds of our government, and I assume most do, what are a few little restrictions on our liberties and surely the constitution should be amended to reflect the present time and circumstance, given it was written a couple of centuries ago and they had no way of envisioning that we would ever cease to care about protecting our own rights.
    Do we really need freedom of speech in this day and age? The world would certainly function much smoother if we were all on the same page. America is a team and we only need team players. Dissidents need to be re-educated and made to see the big picture; they need to get with the program or be sent to Mexico or some other third world country to see how life is really like without Wal-Mart or reality TV.
    Term limits for office are a waste of time. We voted them into office with our trust and confidence; let’s leave them there for life. It’s worked for the Supreme Court, why not the Senate? Congress is a waste of time and an impediment to progress, maybe we should just do away with that entire branch and everyone can benefit. Just think of how much simpler high school Civics class will be?
    With more and better surveillance and arms, the police can do a much better job of preventing crime. The right to a speedy trial can become academic if we used cryogenics to store the suspected felons. We could just stack them like cord-wood in a warehouse somewhere until a board can be convened to hear the evidence against them and re-education carried out. There are more important issues than the rights of the accused to be delt with.
    Why should search and seizure be illegal? It makes us all safer and just think how many undiscovered, even un-committed crimes can be solved with a little pre-emptive searching and seizing?
    In this day and age, privacy should not be an issue beyond personal modesty. Can you imagine all the potential crimes that are being committed behind closed doors?
    States rights should be eliminated completely; this is America and Americans should all be governed alike, regardless of where they choose to live. We should just suspend the driving privileges and voting privileges of those that think they should have special consideration until they see the light.
    Currency only serves the purpose of creating a black-market and should be done away with. Debit accounts are so much easier to keep track of, why do we need to complicate the issue with change in our pockets?
    The right to keep and bear arms? Get real. Just who do we think we are bearing arms against? Beyond the archaic sports of hunting and target shooting, with all these additional police and surveillance, who would need a gun; this isn’t the Wild West anymore.
    The right to assembly is just a tool rabble-rousers use to march and disrupt. The government can call scheduled civic meetings to discuss with our leaders, any issues that might be relevant. If we have a grievance, hire a lawyer and let them advocate for us.
    If the press is allowed unsupervised publication rights, how can we possibly be secure from those that would try to stir up disharmony?
    With a little thought and tolerance, the government combined with big business can develop a program that will insure we all are watched over and cared for. With our industry leaders given office, our world sphere of influence will escalate as profit margins increase. We can have wars not just for cheap gasoline and expensive drugs, but other vital commodities as well. We can attack Japan for cheaper MP3 players or Canada for cheaper beer. We can block-aide Italy for cheaper shoes and suits, the Swiss for cheaper watches, Poland for funnier jokes; the possibilities are endless.
    For being out-spoken against our government, I have seen the error of my ways and offer amends for my mistake. I officially declare myself as a subject of the United States and patiently await delivery of my new national id card. I have seen the light.
    All subjects are created equal and may only be voted to elevated power and status or appointed by those already in control.
    Many in our generation do not understand what the hold-up is and our children certainly won’t care. America’s time has come! It is time for us to take our place as the one and only super-power! We can destroy the UN and give them the U.S. We can show the rest of the world once and for all, it is geography and economics that are real power, not people. We must sacrifice the few for the good of the many. I would continue but my chip is beeping so I must put on my tin hat and await the “we’re here to help you” squad.

Is it only me?

I must be the only one that thinks the 2nd ammendment was just put there to allow us to defend the first ammendment I am not angry, but I am very sad.
    Freedom of Opinion

We have always believed our freedoms to held self-evident. Our choices were virtually unlimited. Opinion was held by all and subject to debate. I seem to have noticed a more prevailent trend to ridicule, flame, and attack rather than addressing a difference of opinion in an intelligent manner. This always opens the door to censorship. Wars have been faught here, not to foster one man's opinion, but rather to guarentee his right to have it and to speak it freely. Have we as a people really become so intollerent? Are we so dim, that we cannot appreciate that it is the differences of opinions that bred healthy thought and in-fact, give life to our freedom?

Who won the Great War of Northern Aggression? We have been taught that Abraham Lincoln was a great leader that preserved our Nation and abolished slavery; if you believe that, you are as naïve as those that believe Desert Storm was about Human Rights. Lincoln just redefined slavery and placed us all under a new master. That was pure and simply about States rights and the preservation of our privately owned and gold backed dollar. Linclon sold our nations dollar to a private corporation named the Federal Reserve and endentured each and every one of us to them forever. We no longer even own our land, just rent it from those that own our dollar. If you don’t believe that, stop paying your property taxes and see how long you own your house. Our economy is nothing more than another fake perpetual motion machine. It is an outwardly spiraling thread, with the only real power at the center. It negates our vote and our rights of ownership.
    The only true economy that exists is the illegal black-market economy. If a crack-head jacks your car to buy his dope, he has made a true profit. He received something of value for his labor that he consumes without paying taxes. If he also rapes your wife during this crime, he is even further ahead. The dealer that sold him his dope is making a true profit. He makes enough to buy your stolen car and to treat his home-boys to as much dummy-dust as he needs to control his underground empire. It doesn’t matter that the dollars belong to someone else, he gets the car, the gold teeth and chains, and the dope. Meanwhile back on the farm, we pay higher taxes to try to stop them and work longer and harder to pay higher insurance premiums with a dollar that makes the center more powerful every time it changes hands and makes our labor worth less each and every time it changes hands. You can see this at work by simpily attaching a weighted string to a scale and spinning it over your head. The longer the string stretches out, the more pull placed at the center, the weight moves slower the farther it extends, the inertia generated by the weight becomes greater and harder to stop it’s motion. That will continue until either the string breaks or an unmovable object is encountered in the path it is traveling.. The smugglers that bring the dope in show a true profit, as do the manufacturers and growers. They each and every one receive something of tangible value for their efforts and we in turn, expend considerablely more effort and see only an illusion of ownership for everything beyond what we consume. This only works because if everyone had an apple a day, then the doctors would all starve. We profit from having our cars stolen too…otherwise unemployed people are trained and given guns and sent all over to catch the bad guys. Others are given jobs building houses and fences to keep the captured bud guys in. Others are employed to grow and prepare food for the prisoners. Factories are needed to produce the surveillance equipment, toothbrushes, toilet paper, basketballs, barbed-wire, cement, steel bars, guard uniforms, etc. everything it takes to keep a segment of our population incarcerated for taking advantage of the one area of free economy. The fact that we cannot even dream of arresting a small percentage of the bad-guys doesn’t stop the effort. There is your true perpetual motion machine.

Until today nothing was ever thought of sacrificing to our country's wrongs. For six months we had worked to capture, but our cause being almost lost, something decisive and great must be done. But its failure was owing to others, who did not strike for their country with a heart. I struck boldly, and not as the papers say. I walked with a firm step through a thousand of his friends, was stopped, but pushed on. A colonel was at his side. I shouted Sic semper before I fired. In jumping broke my leg. I passed all his pickets, rode sixty miles that night with the bone of my leg tearing the flesh at every jump. I can never repent it, though we hated to kill. Our country owed all her troubles to him, and God simply made me the instrument of his punishment. The country is not what it was. This forced union" is not what I have loved. I care not what becomes of me. I have no desire to outlive my country. The night before the deed I wrote a long article and left it for one of the editors of the National Intelligencer, in which I fully set forth our reasons for our proceedings. He or the gov'r-
    After being hunted like a dog through swamps, woods, and last night being chased by gunboats till I was forced to return wet, cold, and starving, with every man's hand against me, I am here in despair. And why? For doing what Brutus was honored for. What made Tell a hero? And yet I, for striking down a greater tyrant than they ever knew, am looked upon as a common cutthroat. My action was purer than either of theirs. One hoped to be great himself. The other had not only his country's but his own, wrongs to avenge. I hoped for no gain. I knew no private wrong. I struck for my country and that alone. A country that groaned beneath this tyranny, and prayed for this end, and yet now behold the cold hands they extend to me. God cannot pardon me if I have done wrong. Yet I cannot see my wrong, except in serving a degenerate people. The little, the very little, I left behind to clear my name, the Government will not allow to be printed. So ends all. For my country I have given up all that makes life sweet and holy, brought misery upon my family, and am sure there is no pardon in the Heaven for me, since man condemns me so. I have only heard of what has been done (except what I did myself), and it fills me with horror. God, try and forgive me, and bless my mother. Tonight I will once more try the river with the intent to cross. Though I have a greater desire and almost a mind to return to Washington, and in a measure clear my name - which I feel I can do. I do not repent the blow I struck. I may before my God, but not to man. I think I have done well. Though I am abandoned, with the curse of Cain upon me, when, if the world knew my heart, that one blow would have made me great, though I did desire no greatness. Tonight I try to escape these bloodhounds once more. Who, who can read his fate? God's will be done. I have too great a soul to die like a criminal. Oh, may He, may He spare me that, and let me die bravely. I bless the entire world. Have never hated or wronged anyone. This last was not a wrong, unless God deems it so, and it's with Him to damn or bless me. As for this brave boy with me, who often prays (yes, before and since) with a true and sincere heart - was it crime in him? If so, why can he pray the same?

I do not wish to shed a drop of blood, but 'I must fight the course.' 'Tis all that's left to me.
    John Wilkes Booth

TopGun Dogs of War

It is unfortunate that our generation has been brain-washed into believing our country is a democracy. This was no accident, but rather a deliberate ploy on the part of power-hungry central government to increase their hold and control over a mindless population. You and I both are equally responsible for allowing this to happen.
    We have been brain-washed into believing that our rights are constitutionally guaranteed by the government; that’s the slight of hand that made our liberties disappear! We have been led to believe that in this great democracy, our constitution gives us these rights. That is just a big lie.
    Symantics alone, allowed this lie to be told so many times, that we came to believe it was the truth. It is a simple lie, as the best lies always are. We let someone call it the Constitution OF the United States, implying that this was a guarentee given to us by our benevolent government. It is not the Constitution OF the United States; it is the Constitution FOR the United States. It is a document that states quite imphatically, that our rights are held “Self-evident”. These rights are ours; period. We gave this document to the government and told them they could exist only under OUR control. The constitution is nothing but a rule book to remind Government that they belong to the people and not the other way around.
    We were lied to and lured into a trap and now we are prisoners. It began with a temporary voluntary tax on our income to pay the bills for the first war to end all wars. The war didn’t quite end all wars but the impact on our economy caused the great depression. Government dangled a carrot at the hungry people and all we had to do was play by their rules; not such a big deal. Except that we forgot that the government belongs to us, the people, and as such, they are supposed to follow our rules, not the other way around.
    The TVA gave thousands of jobs to people and provided a power grid that benefited millions and to get it, all we had to do was pay higher taxes and observe a few more government rules. Since there were a few that didn’t want to fall into that trap, our government decided that the voluntary temporary tax should be enforced for everyone and just put the disdents in jail. What’s a few people’s liberty; they should have just paid their taxes like everyone else.
    We wanted better highways, so our benevolent government gave us the interstate system, millions of jobs, billions of dollars back into our pockets and higher taxes and more rules; remember the hated 55 mph speed limit? Somewhere in that time, the right to drive an automobile, motorcycle, or any other vehicle became a “PRIVLIDGE”.
    We wanted better schools with subsidized lunches and all we had to do was obey a few more rules. Who needs prayer anyway? We put a few frilly curtains inside our prison and pretty soon, it is just like home.
    We are now frightened of our government. Not frightened? You are a liar, sir! Take for example, your beloved 2nd amendment. We told our government that they could never infringe on our right to keep and bear arms, just in case we had to forcefully remove them from office. They said they would only infringe a little bit and told us we couldn’t own firearms that were equal to the type they needed to enforce us (NFA weapons). OK, so we can pay a tax and get their approval to buy one of the few machineguns that are transferable, it isn’t really an infringement to not allow any more to be made or imported except for the purpose of arming our keepers. We know how to make them, but we are frightened of loosing our “right to keep and bear arms” if we decide to be civilly disobedient. The assault weapons ban…ha ha…Once more, instead of making them pry our guns from our cold dead hands, we just created that stupid pre-ban-post-ban market. People were arrested and lost their 2nd amendment rights and all their other rights for just having a post-ban weapon with evil pre-ban features. You know this happened. The federal war on crime (sounds kind of warm and fuzzy, doesn’t it?) declares a gun-free zone to lessen crime, all us law-abiding citizens turn in our weapons. We grumble, but we do it or face loosing our liberty. When they declared an amnesty, we registered our war trophies. When they declare an amnesty, we will register our assault weapons. When they declare an amnesty, we will register our hunting rifles. We don’t want to be criminals. Do we? We are frightened of our government. They have a standing army to enforce us, not the regular military, although the regular military was used against a church in Waco, Texas. The hundreds of thousands of Federal law enforcement personnel, along with the State and local LEOs that have Federal guidelines that they must comply with or loose their bugitary allowances. Call them peace keepers, LEOs, Officers, crime-fighters, what ever you want. They are armed to the teeth with military weapons, training, and tactics and if they so much as suspect that you have in your procession, a weapon of the type that they are carrying or the means of producing one, that they did not give you permission to have, then you may be shot from helicopters, tanks, planes, or boats while being watched in real time by the rest of the population on CNN as an example of what happens if you believe in the 2nd amendment. Shame on us. Shame.
    Our founding fathers formed this country as a Republic, not a democracy. It is time to stand up to the government and "Just say NO!" catchy little slogan, ain't it?

What survivalist is truly prepared without the revolutionary new Instant Bottled Water. Totally reusable. Easy to follow instructions:
    1. Unscrew cap
    2. add water
    3. replace cap
    Free hundreds of useful receipes, including:
    Ice
    hot instant water
    cool aid
    bourbon and water
    instant tea
    tang
    Sold only to registered Democrats and New Jersey residents vacationing in Florida.
    How do we fight this and survive?

DOn't go waving your flags at me, I've done given my pound of flesh. I stand in ridiculously long lines with everyone else to make the loud minority feel more safe and secure at airports. I'm drawing the line at this national ID thing. Sorry, ain't gonna participate, don't care if it costs me my captain's license, driving "privledge", CCW, right to bear arms, right to vote. When a 3000 page document passes congress, becomes law and not one will admit to even reading the thing, I quit. This reeks of NAZI Germany, State Security be damned.
    Boat People

I don't own a house, per say. I live on a shantyboat or on board my companies salvage ship. The marina where I live, is a community of boat people and boat people have a different mind-set than most. It's hard to get a library card, since our address is where-ever we are anchored/tied up. Our address does not exist in anyones data-base, except for a mailing address of convienance that is usually one of our grown kid's house or a relative/friend.
    We can and do frequently live for weeks/months without ties to the market society that most of us use day to day. Communications are usually wireless; I use cell-phones, a verizon wireless laptop card modem,SSB and satallite communications. Running out of food usually involves just being too drunk to fish and that takes some doing. People in our community are very open about their skills, knowing that we will all eventually be called upon to share them, whether it be legal advice from a lawyer, some carpentry or fiberglass work, fixing an electrical problem, repairing an engine, cooking a meal, playing guitar at an impromptu party, or even just a strong pair of hands to help set extra lines during a storm. I sold my house and chose this life because I had lived for several years in a neighborhood where I didn't even know my next-door neighbors. The lack of community, even though surrounded by people, is something that I knew had value and was on a serious decline as a way of life. I am convinced that if you find your community, your chances of survival increase exponentially.

Starting to seem a little more real

120, 000 dead...gonna be a lot more. Gonna be martial law in places that had a little autonomy, not much, but a little. Couldn't happen here, could it? We're pretty much earthquake proof, tsunami warned, hurricane free, no terrorist around, life is just peachy and we have nothing to worry about.Just stay calm, people, big brother will take good care of you.
    Survivor

Pigeon or track-rabbit for dinner, pint of thunderbird. Cook on trash fire in alley. Spend night over grates in front of Mall: bath? Maybe later in week I can get to TA and get a shower. Found suitcase in unlocked car, clothes don't fit but shoes do. Can probably get 50.00 for camera at pawn shop. Note to self: go to Mall lost and found and get new coat and sunglasses.
    Get refund on preperation-H because it says pregnant wife can't take it. Buy codene cough syrup with driver's license from wallet found at park.Sell plasma tomorrow. Check behind Krogers for produce. If I only had a gun...

18. melbo

Ahhh, the start of the collection of essays.... would make a good bound book titled "America, WTF?"

19. Seacowboys

I had to re-read the opening rant and dust it off. I awoke this morning with this tune in my head...somethings happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...

20. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Okay, must be the headache. Couldn't make heads or tails. Got Big Brother helps out, surveillance, sit back and PTB will tie your laces for you. Haha. Man good stuff. Freedom slowly going the way of the dinosaur? Imagine that. Must be a new fad or something. Jump on it while it's still cheap. Give up all your guns, food, water and everything else and you will be we'll take care of, uh, I mean we'll care for you. Year after year they are looking into gene splicing and growing better crops. They are looking at cures for disease by eliminating genes. I think however that tragically they have eliminated the most important gene that everyone needs. The one responsible for a Backbone. They didn't get mine though. I know almost everyone on here still has theirs so maybe there is hope for the country yet.

As that saying goes, "We'll surely all hang together or we'll all surely hang seperately."

Though in slang does that mean we'll all chill together when the PTB come for us? Scarey thought.

Just my thoughts on it. Enjoy.

Tailor

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7