Sonia Sotomayor 'La Raza member'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E.L., May 28, 2009.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<!-- end leadin graphic -->
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=99420

<hr size="1" noshade="noshade"> <!-- standing head -->[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]LAW OF THE LAND[/SIZE][/FONT]
    <!-- end standing head --> <!-- head --> [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Sonia Sotomayor 'La Raza member'[/SIZE][/FONT]
    <!-- end head --> <!-- deck --> [FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]American Bar Association lists Obama choice as part of group[/SIZE][/FONT]
    <!-- end deck --> <hr size="1">[SIZE=-1]Posted: May 27, 2009
    11:20 pm Eastern

[/SIZE] [FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif]By Joe Kovacs[/FONT]
    <!--- copywrite only show on NON commentary pages as per joseph meeting 8/23/06 ------> [SIZE=-1] <!-- copyright --> © 2009 WorldNetDaily <!-- end copyright --> [/SIZE]

<!-- begin bodytext --> [​IMG]<script src="http://cdn.pis.picapp.com/IamProd/PicAppPIS/JavaScript/PisV4.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script language="javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js" onload="Pis.SetJQ()"></script>
    As President Obama's Supreme Court nominee comes under heavy fire for allegedly being a "racist," Judge Sonia Sotomayor is listed as a member of the National Council of La Raza, a group that's promoted driver's licenses for illegal aliens, amnesty programs, and no immigration law enforcement by local and state police.

According the American Bar Association, Sotomayor is a member of the NCLR, which bills itself as the largest national Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization in the U.S.

Meaning "the Race," La Raza also has connections to groups that advocate the separation of several southwestern states from the rest of America.

Over the past two days, Sotomayor has been heavily criticized for her racially charged statement: "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experience would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life."

The remark was actually made during a 2001 speech at the University of California's Berkeley School of Law. The lecture was published the following year in the Berkeley La Raza Law Journal.
    Could Mexico retake the southwestern United States? Get the DVD that says the invasion is already happening!

The comment is being zeroed in on by voices from the political right.

"I'm not saying she's a racist, but the statement sure is," columnist Ann Coulter said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"Imagine a judicial nominee said 'my experience as a white man makes me better than a latina woman,'" blogged former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, R-Ga. "Wouldn't they have to withdraw? New racism is no better than old racism. A white man racist nominee would be forced to withdraw. Latina woman racist should also withdraw."

Radio's Rush Limbaugh noted, "And the libs of course say that minorities cannot be racists because they don't have the power to implement their racism. Well, those days are gone because reverse racists certainly do have the power to implement their power. Obama is the greatest living example of a reverse racist, and now he's appointed one. ..."

But others are suggesting Sotomayor's racial views will have little impact on her confirmation to the bench.

"She's gonna get confirmed. Get out of the way of the truck," political analyst Dick Morris said tonight on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor."

Host Bill O'Reilly responded, "The core conservative person ... does not understand that the GOP is shrinking and needs to expand."

The NCLR is applauding the Obama for his selection of Sotomayor.

"Today is a monumental day for Latinos. Finally, we see ourselves represented on the highest court in the land," said Janet Murguia, NCLR's president and CEO.

La Raza also praised former President George W. Bush for nominating Alberto Gonzales to succeed John Ashcroft as attorney general.

As WND previously reported, La Raza was condemned in 2007 by former U.S. Rep. Charles Norwood, R-Ga., as a radical "pro-illegal immigration lobbying organization that supports racist groups calling for the secession of the western United States as a Hispanic-only homeland."

Norwood urged La Raza to renounce its support of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan – which sees "the Race" as part of an ethnic group that one day will reclaim Aztlan, the mythical birthplace of the Aztecs. In Chicano folklore, Aztlan includes California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and parts of Colorado and Texas

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"Contemptible" is the least negative term I can find in my vocabulary for that nomination.

3. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

The left wing extremists VS the right wing extremists coming to a town near you sooner than you want. In 2004, she said that individuals do not have the right to bear arms, very disturbing. As a prerequisite for the new administration, she probably doesn't pay taxes either. Our poor Border Patrol, support them whenever you can. They are taking our country with drugs and rocks, because of our government's unwillingness to uphold law.
    La Raza, go read the Treaty of Hildago at Guadalupe suckers!

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

If "La Raza" had any cojones, they'd be taking back Old Mexico! We need to recognise this for what it is - a foreign invasion! Wait til the Drug Cartels come across the border and begin taking our towns. WHY do we have to wait til then, before We The People rouse our ire enough to make the Governemnt do their jobs and DEFEND this nation!?

If we don't we might as well all learn to speak Mexican. [shtf]
    Any who come to this nation legally to become AMERICANS, to better their lives, to improve the lives of their families, to add to this nation's culture - are to be welcomed. Those who come to take our land and rape our culture are ENEMIES. [gun]

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Having been married to Mexican national, that came to this country LEGALLY, it is interesting to see those people and how they deal with those that are illegals.
    It's like a culture clash. Reminds me of the old TV series "taxi" where the mechanic, ( Andy Kaufman ),was interested in a woman that was from his country, BUT she was a "mountain" girl, (Carol Kane), and he was a "flat lander"!
    They have the same heritage, but they share no common ground here.
    I asked my ex about the news of the new appointee to the supreme court, and she is not at all impressed. In fact she and others like her are appalled at the very words: "La Raza".
    It is beyond racist in their world.
    But, then there is the other side of the coin, and a quick look into California's politics shows that the "INVASION" is here, and it's here to stay.
    I tell everyone that I am a bigot, I am a racist, I am predjudicial, and I am biased.
    (In fact I don't even like to shave, because I have to look at myself in the mirror!)
    It comes with my years of having lived in only a few states: Colorado, Arizona, Teaxs, and Florida.
    I cannot say why I am that way, and I cannot explain why I married a Mexican woman. My grandmother was Irish and she married a Mexcian man in Pueblo, Colorado. Basically I think it's all a matter of semantic's, or simply stated:
    "Do as I say, NOT what I do"!
    Seems to be a way of life for many of us.
    The part that disturbs me is the fact that she seems to want to re-write the constitution and laws therein, in her words, and has an interest in re-wording the 2nd amendment!
    But, then that just me and my opinion!

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I admit to being biased, even (gasp!) 'racist' too, and I owe it to personal experience. But, I also see just as often people of my own race and color I would NOT associate with.

I try to put stock in a person's actions, not their skin color or background.
    With that said, when I look at the voting record, or the judgments of, the Leftwing politicos and justices, I am appalled - they do not seem to fit my idea of what America is all about and what our nation was founded on.
    I don't care where Sonia was born, or where her folks came from - it's her judgements and statements on record I find disheartening.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7