South Carolina lowcountry checking in

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cc1911, Feb 15, 2010.

1. cc1911

cc1911 Monkey+

Just found a link to this forum, hope to learn from and share with others of similar interests

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Welcome to the monkey!

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the Board!

Born and raised in the Lowcountry.....Now in the panhandle of FL....but part of my heart will always be in SC....I still miss the smell of pluff mud at low tide... :)

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Welcome to the Board.

??pluff mud??

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep, welcome. I have relatives in Moncks Corner, been there a couple times.

You'll know it when you smell it. Nothing quite like it.

6. cc1911

cc1911 Monkey+

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I recently retired in Central Florida and moved to SC for the hunting...not familiar with pluff mud myself..lol

Moncks Corner is about 30 minutes from me..

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wonder if the "Hoggly Woggly" is still in Moncks Corner? Little privately owned grocery store? Take off on Piggly Wiggly?

Pluff Mud is the mud, at low tide, all around the lowcountry...and is one of my favorite smells in the whole world...I grew up right on the river in downtown Charleston...There's nothing like that smell..Pat Conroy described it perfectly in Prince of Tides.

You'll know it when you smell it...and never forget it..

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

My red headed step son lives near Charleston out from Goose Creek. Mighty fine gator hunting over near the plantations. Just don't let the rabbit sheriffs know about it-they take a dim view of shooting gators.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7