Soybeans .. Yuck!

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by VisuTrac, Sep 11, 2011.

1. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Entirely possible, and something my husband brought up, as well. Not the part about fighting back, but the part about feminizing the men.

2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

We've actually been doing almond milk (no soy) for several months now. It's awesome stuff.

DMGoddess likes this.
  3. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

It makes KILLER french toast. Pudding will have to wait a bit.

4. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Okay, guys, as if we needed any more movitvation, here's an article I stumbled on. Most soy protein is treated with hexane, which is used in 'solvent extraction' for the oil. Only organic soy is not processed this way. I'm going to try some organic soy on Friday (in case it makes me sick) and let you know the results on Monday.

Soy Protein Used in "Natural" Foods Bathed in Toxic Solvent Hexane

5. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Okay, here's something else I found, which may make any of us still consuming soy to think three or four times about it.
    Most soybean oil is 'solvent extracted'. Soybean oil production
    That means they use a chemical called hexane, which is a byproduct of gasoline refining. Yup, that's right, they're spraying those helpless little beans with gasoline to make them give up their oil. Hexane Soy Report | Cornucopia Institute
    Now, it gets even better! Anybody see soy lecithin in what you eat? Harmless emulsifier, right? Wrong! Soy lecithin is a byproduct of the soybean oil extraction process, and it's just as bad for you, if not worse. Prevent Disease.com - Soy Lecithin: How It Negatively Affects Your Health And Why You Need To Avoid It
    Now, I'm practically a card-carrying chocoholic, but after learning this, I'm not eating another Hershey bar again.

Okay, the results of the organic soy (I did it more than once, to make sure) is that I'm actually allergic to soy. It isn't the hexane that's making me sick, it's the soy. So much for that. I'm still not touching a Hershey bar again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If I were a bettin' man -- [lolol] -. Chocolate is nearly on par with bacon.

7. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Unfortunately, it tastes better, at least to me.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have been wondering for years if soy is not good for daily consumption. I know a family that raised their son on soy formula, milk, soy hot dogs... on and on. The kid got really big really fast. When he was about 8, he looked like a teenager. I always believed it was the soy.

9. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Soy is evil nasty shyte. I found out a long time ago that I do not react well to the stuff (give it 15 minutes tops & there better be a bathroom with a sink AND a toilet available side by side... )
    I avoid like the plague for obvious reasons...

& Hersheys is crap chocolate... after eating Primal/paleo for a couple years I can actually taste all the chemicals & crap in most store-bought candy bars. Its ICKY!
    Invest in some real proper chocolate... I like using Hasslachers for making hot chocolate. (sometimes I even add sweetener! :p )

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

soybeans are like any other food you don't want to eat them exclusively

the problem with soy is they are cheap and you can make soy milk, soy cheese, tempeh, tofu and other soy proteins but eat too much of one thing and of course you are going to develop an allergy

I get a rash on my chest when I eat too many strawberries. That comes from eating them from my grandparents truck garden as a kid. I ate more than I picked .... lol

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  11. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Not true without pictures...

Rancher

Ganado likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. oil pan 4
  6. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. JC Refuge
  9. JC Refuge
  10. Alanaana
    Ribeye, bay scallops, and mushrooms
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Aug 27, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. JC Refuge
  12. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
  14. Dunerunner
  15. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. jefferson
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7