Recipe Spam Gourmet...

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Witch Doctor 01, Nov 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Garden Vegetable SPAMWICHES

Ingredients

1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Oven Roasted Turkey
    1 tablespoon butter
    ½ cup butter
    12 asparagus spears
    1 red bell pepper
    ½ cup honey mustard
    12 phyllo dough sheets
    1 egg, beaten
    Sesame seeds
    Honey mustard for dipping, if desired

Cooking Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut SPAM into 4 lengthwise pieces and then cut each piece into 3 lengthwise strips. Over medium-high heat, fry SPAM strips with 1 tablespoon butter until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Put asparagus spears (with ends removed) and about ½-inch water In microwave safe dish. Cover and cook until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cut off top of red pepper and discard along with seeds. Cut into 12 strips. Melt ½ cup butter. Brush phyllo dough sheet with melted butter, and fold lengthwise twice. Brush with butter again. At one end of the phyllo dough sheet lay one asparagus spear (so ends poke out of either side), one SPAM strip, one red pepper strip, and squeeze a stripe of mustard down the center. Starting at the ingredient end, roll up dough around the vegetable & SPAM bundle. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat until 12 SPAMwiches have been made. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 18 to 20 minutes. Serve with extra mustard for dipping, if desired. Yields 12 SPAMwiches.

2. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Turkey SPAM is great. It is one of the rare foods that my daughter will eat willingly. Unfortunetly, turkey SPAM is very hard to find in our parts. Every other flavor of SPAM can be had, though. When I do see it, I get two cans.

3. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 Monkey+++

Spam is one of the 7 wonders of the world, or it should be. Green eggs and spam is one of my favorite meals, along with spam potatos and cheese on a tortilla, and lets not forget spam au gratin, or the kids favorite spam gumbo. I guess my family just likes spam.

4. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

Spam pro

I worked on a video crew for spamalot and also worked in the spam mobile giving away spam burgers. Spam rules!

5. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I love spam... grew up with it...
    Spam Musubi.... all time favorite!

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR