Speaking in Tonques

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Minuteman, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have taught about this many times. It is such a blatant twisting of scripture. I have always held that religion, a man-made creation completely separate from faith, is the cause for many more souls lost to the kingdom of God than any other cause. Maybe not more but certainly many thousands upon thousands if not millions.

REPORT: Tower Of Babel VS Tongues At Pentecost

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

In all of man's history, we have never solved the problem of what happens when an individuals faith becomes an occupation or when it becomes their goal to convince the rest of the world that only they have the answer.

3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

This guy is a good teacher and his Biblical teachings are well worth viewing.

This video is covering Gen chapters 10,11, and the start of ch 12. Chapter 11 concerns the tower of Babel and how it is linked to Acts 2.

Click on the "Watch on youtube" for the video.

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like going to the old time country Pentecostal church since a portion of the family out west are practitioners
    of the flopping around Frailing of arms and legs while speaking in tongue.
    I'm like How'd you get that fat ass up off the floor bubba?

oldawg, SB21, duane and 4 others like this.
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Became good friends with a guy a long time ago that was a Hardcore Four Square Preacher. At least until he came out to the farm and relaxed. So I went to a couple of his services to see. The next time he came out to the farm I told him "You know you look like a absolute idiot up the with the flailing arms and jerky motions while speaking in tongues!" He replied "Yep I Know, its all a total BS act but the congregation eats it up and it gets the collection plates full every service!" After he died I often wondered did he go to the Christian Heaven or Hell........... None among the living can answer that.

6. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Like minuteman, I'm deeply spiritual but not religious. Those grifter televangelists look like used car salesmen.

7. Minuteman

There is a great Christian comedian from the 70"s, Mike Warnke. He did a bit about pentecostal preachers. They would get on the "huhs" " We are here today, HUH! To hear the word of God, HUH!! About every 5th "HUh" they would jump back and do the chicken dance. LOL

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  8. Minuteman

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Minuteman

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Matthew 7;21,22,23, Jesus said,
    Not every one that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven.........................
    People falsely call Jesus "Lord" when His Lordship is not in them.
    Many know the power of Jesus' name but they do not know Him. There's a big difference.
    Works out side God's specific direction do not rack points.
    One's behavior under God's specific direction, on the other hand, has merit.
    As for tongues. It is the hearers that the anointing revealed what was said, the apostles themselves spoke what they were given.
    Often times people get a phrase in tongues and go no further to be taught of God, nor to seek His instruction further, but repeat that one phrase like an incantation, this is not God's design.
    Speaking in tongues is much like an infant attempting to repeat what he hears, IF he pursues the skill listening more intently then the skill can flourish. But if all he does is babble, we call this retarded.

jim2 and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7