SPEC OPS brand T.H.E. Wallet warranty.

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by wideym, Mar 17, 2020.

1. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Back in 2004 I bought a Spec Ops T.H.E. Wallet at the Clothing and Sales store at Fort Hood before deploying to Iraq. I don't remember how much I paid at the time, but knowing myself I would not have paid more than $20.00 for it.

T.H.E. stands for Tactical Holds Everything, and I have to say it holds up to the name. It has multiple card slots, a zippered secondary pocket along side of the folding money slot, a zippered mesh pocket to hold spare change or small flat items (I keep a spare handcuff key in it), it has a transparent ID pocket in the front, a pair of grommets to loop a paracord through to hang it around your neck and it will hold an American passport without having to fold it. All this and it fits in the back pocket of your jeans or you can hang it around your neck.

After 15 years of daily use, the stitching is starting to come out where the wallet folds in half, and the transparent plastic ID holder had discolored, cracked, and came apart within 5 years of my purchase. I didn't really care about the ID holder much since I prefer to keep my ID under cover anyway.

Spec Ops Brand has a lifetime warranty so I emailed Spec Ops Brand to get an RMA number and a couple of days later I received an email to send it in with a copy of the email and contact info. The email said that if they couldn't repair it, they would replace it. I mailed it off yesterday and I will update as I can.

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I have one of those of the same vintage...no issues with it (knock on wood.)

Looking forward to your feedback!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Finally got my replacement yesterday. Called a few days before to see what the hold up was and was told I didn't include a phone number or email address to contact me. They no longer make it in OD Green and needed to know what color I wanted my replacement. I chose Coyote and it arrived in four days.

Replacement looks good, but I've kinda gotten used to my new thin leather wallet.

3M-TA3, Capt. Tyree and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

I've had mine as an EDC for 8+ years, and am still impressed with the durability. Like yours there's a split starting on the clear plastic I.D. window, not too bad yet. Keep that spot for my NRA card. Glad to know that Spec Ops offers a lifetime warranty.

I'm use to OD Green for a wallet since I'm from that era of OD sateen "stateside utilities", and the rip stop material OD Vietnam era slant pocket fatigues. Woodland camo was just starting to take hold as the issue fatigue when I got out.

I suppose I'll get used to the more modern Coyote color if/when my "old reliable" needs replacement (hopefully repairs will do).

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7