Speeding Tickets for Those You Hate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

High school students in Maryland are using speed cameras to get back at their perceived enemies, and even teachers. The students duplicate the victim's license plate on glossy paper using a laser printer, tape it over their own plate, then speed past a newly installed speed camera. The victim gets a $40 ticket in the mail days later, without any humans ever having been involved in the ticketing process. A blog dedicated to driving and politics adds that a similar, if darker, practice has taken hold in England, where bad guys cruise the streets looking for a car similar to their own. They then duplicate its plates in a more durable form, and thereafter drive around with little fear of trouble from the police.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I think it is a riot. Once again, dot gov has stomped on its own toes. I hope those that are ticketed based on pranks sue and break that unmanned camera addiction/habit.

3. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I'm waiting till someone starts pulling this prank on .gov officails, police chiefs, sherrifs, judges, and even elected pols. Not only has the gubbermint stepped on its toes with this, the have cut off their own feet.

4. toemag

toemag Monkey++

What a great Idea[lolol].

Tony

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

...and loving it!
    LOL!
    Bill

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

For those that think we should have a revolution, this is a perfect means to begin recapturing some of the abuses that have been propagated on us as a "Surveillance/police State" that we did not approve or have essentially any input into. I personally resent being watched no matter how many mad-moms say go for it. I resent our money being spent on things that violate our constitution and being spied on is one of the biggest.
    I will purchase the required equipment today and begin my own personal assault on county commissioners, mayors, police, aldermen, and anyone else that I can toss back through this burning hoop and let them get a taste of their own red-tape.
    I also am in favor of those websites that expose and give personal information about under-cover cops. Police should have to wear recognizable "Police" uniforms and drive marked cars. Under-cover cops did not exist in the United States of America until the 60s and we let them acclimate us with movies like "Serpico" rather than marching and shouting protest, like we should have. It is almost unbelievable that we failed to learn that lesson in the 1940s.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7