1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by mdl66, Mar 15, 2008.

1. mdl66

mdl66 Monkey++

Snagging season opens today in Missouri,its perfect weather cold and rainy.will post some pics if and when we do any good.
  2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Spoonbill (Paddlefish, Polydon Spathula):

For those that don't know, one of the most ancient species swimming in our waters......
    and probably the tastiest! A little bit like swordfish, and not a bone in the whole fish!

Love Snaggin, I'm envious mdl66.

I've got a pic of me with a couple in my album here.

I had to snag those from the bank though, it's illegal in KY to snag from a boat.

Good Luck!
  3. mdl66

mdl66 Monkey++

No fish for us ,I dont think they have started to run up the river yet, we only seen 1 fish tied up along side a boat.A friend who runs a guide service on Truman lake got a 70# and a 55# yesterday.We do most of our snagging off the bank also but it is legal to snag from a boat,we all use to camp out opening night when we were younger.I can remember thawing out our reels with a Coleman lantern and thawing ourselves out with a little Whiskey on the river bank with the snow a blowin.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary