Sporks

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Motomom34, Dec 20, 2018.

Tags:
?
  1. Love them!

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Worthless.

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. What is a Spork?

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I just use my Army issue mess kit spoon now. Spoons do just about everything a fork does.

Motomom34 and GrayGhost like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I still have my Boy Scout MessKit with the Knife/Fork/Spoon Combo Unit... It has served me WELL for 60+ Years...

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

The REAL problem with a spork is the same with a fork or spoon...they simply ain't long enough to get the job done. And, I don't care if you are eating MREs or going high-class with Mountain House, you can't reach to the bottom of the package without making a mess of yourself or having to tear down the package packaging when you are halfway finished with your meal.

I used to save my MRE long spoons, in case some sneaky bugger would make off with the one in the package. Now, I got a civilian version that is made of metal\...somewhere around here...unless that sneaky bugger got it?!?!

Motomom34 and GrayGhost like this.
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

All I know is I can Spork the Sh*t out of an MRE

Zimmy likes this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

JMHO...a spork is a solution looking for a problem. I use a fork and spoon...knife is with me anyhow.

Not to mention, you lose the spork, you have neither remaining.

arleigh, Zimmy, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

[worthless]

Ganado likes this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

and slurp the juice outta da bowl!

DKR, Zimmy and Altoidfishfins like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

If you had the stix with the hole drilled thru them , Straw & blow dart later !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I saw stainless , cleanable straws WTF , make them out of paper & wax , 2EZ !! & cheap ,and rots !! WTF are folks NOT thinking

Ganado likes this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Here's the combo kit I have. I used it yesterday for dinner. Worked well.

71TBY8g5awL._SL1500_. 71mGCOX3F-L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.

Zimmy and 3cyl like this.
  10. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I have one too I have used it it works well but I make a foon from a spoon and a fork that I get from thruft stores cut them and drill two holes then rivet them to getter

Zimmy and oldawg like this.
  11. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Haha, my buddy who "works for the state" is stuck using sporks. It's the first time I'd ever heard the term or had actually seen what one looks like. Not allowed even plastic knives or forks where he lives.

12. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Hate 'em.
    I have a knife fork and spoon set that I bought for a buck or two from Wally World years back. Still in my lunch bucket. Has worked great for years. It has a little keeper ring so they all stay together. Bought several to put in our kits.

Zimmy and Seawolf1090 like this.
  13. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Going old school here. GI issue and Boy scouts fork/ spoon/ knife set works for me.

Gray Wolf likes this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I see a spork like those little doughnut spare tires put in place of a real tire, you can do it but why would a reasonable person really want that?

Oddcaliber likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7