SPOT Satellite Messenger

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

A must have for the loner hunter / hiker
    http://www.findmespot.com/
    SPOT. The World’s First Satellite Messenger.

With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved ones have peace of mind knowing help is always within reach. SPOT is the only device of its kind, using the GPS satellite network to acquire its coordinates, and then sending its location – with a link to Google Maps™ – and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network. And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT does more than just call for help. Tracking your progress, checking in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available, all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world – even where cell phones don't.

2. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Well, if Les Stroud endorses it then it must be a good product. I just don't know about the $99.00 yearly fee.

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Yea I don't know 8.25 a month seem worth my life verses becoming bear bait. with all of the vast wilderness here and the amount of times I'm alone in the woods, if nothing else its a piece of mind for my wife and kids . I float river's alot, seems like good insurance.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

$8.25? Wow...you are high maintenance. I would have to give up bubblegum for a week out of the month for that.

5. <exile>

<exile> Padawan Learner

You chew a lot of gum in a week....smoking might be a cheaper habit [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7