Spring 2013 Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Heck, may make it out also. Our gathering is the next weekend over in NC.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Just saw this. There is no shooting unless you have line space reserved 15 years ago or passed down as an inheritance. There are opportunities to rent a few shots on a 50 or other fun toys. Point is, no need to bring your shottie.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Wasn't going to carry a long gun, planned to rent if there was an availability. What I need to do is check the reciprocity "rules" and see if I can carry a pistol along the route.

tacmotusn likes this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

stay out of NY and Ill. enroute

5. melbo

I always carry, checked and declared in the flight bag
    Open carry is quite alright in KY and at KCR

6. ghrit

NY an IL are off the straight route by a long way. NY would be behind me, and I swing south in OH to miss IL by a LONG way.

Chiefie, you should load the car and go, too.

tacmotusn likes this.
  7. melbo

Don't those bad states allow pass through so long as you are locked away?
    Maybe you should make your stand all the way down ;)

8. ghrit

With NY, you can pass thru on relocation. Otherwise, there could be a problem, even if locked up as prescribed and just passing thru for a visit someplace else in New England. IL is a different question, and I don't have a good answer. I've been told it is a patchwork of enforcement of irregular laws, except in Chicago where it's automatic conviction. The rules are all over the place. I'd rather take a chance in Cartagena.

melbo likes this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I have already stated I plan on going. Post #19. I asked a few questions also. Still unanswered.

10. melbo

11. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

There are many motels around Louisville but I suggest avoiding the west side and Shively areas. Rough areas regularly noted in the news having robberies, theft and murder regularly. The Shepardsville area along I-65 isn't too bad yet isn't far from the range. Also you can hop on 65 and be down town in 15 minutes. There you might want to check out the Frasier Historical Arms Museum. Lots of stuff from the Dark Ages and knights to US blackpowder days and up to about 1910 where things stop. Worth the 10 bucks. Louisville Slugger museum is right across the street.

The Frazier Arms Museum -- myArmoury.com

AT

12. ghrit

Good scoop, at, thanx. There may be campers among us, but I am NOT going to be one of them.

13. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

Any Maryland Monkeys going? looking to carpool, PM me if interested, and if you vehicle is diesel, I have all the fuel we would need!

14. melbo

Sounds like Airtime is from the Lou. I used to live in Cherokee Triangle - Cherokee Rd and Bonnycastle Ave before that.
    Also spent time in the south end and then in the east end.

15. melbo

I used to hoist a large Bonny Blue and Gadsden Flag over our campsite but since I'm flying in this time, we'll need to figure out a way to meet up. Camping or not, I think that the camp area (field) would be the best place to meet and hang out.

16. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I'm roughly an hour from the Derby City. Speaking of derby... If anyone is hanging around for a week you may want to go to Thunder Over Louisville on Apr 20th if you can handle crowds. Biggest fireworks show in the US each year with the ONLY exceptions being really special things like the bicentennial etc. Over a million bucks for the pyrotechnics. 30 minutes choreographed to music. Check out the video with the last 5 min from last year.

Thunder Over Louisville (Video) | Kentucky Derby 138 - Louisville's Rock Alternative

AT

17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well Duh, I didn't recognize the link in the first post as a link, duh. Sumbuddy give me a head slap. Spitting distance from Louisville, Ky would have done it also. 10 hr drive for me or so. 754 miles to Louisville if memory serves.

18. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Do your gas cans look like this?

379301_10151161687317136_1421548024_n.
    379301_10151161687317136_1421548024_n.

19. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

no, but I see a need for some of those!

20. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Gonna ride my bike up and probably stay in a motel, but may decide to camp, weather dependent. I'll leave out Thursday but might break the ride into two day, as my butt and back usually growls after about 300 miles. Really looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some more of you folks. God save the Republic.

CATO likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7